cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 camera sensor software integration for gen1 touch use with Rift S?

stateofstatic
Protege
I use a one-handed, permanently attached stock that I CAN NOT live without for competitive fps...I want the image quality update the rift s hmd offers, but to use the original controllers and sensors for hand tracking. 

@Oculus team devs: is this a possibility in the future that could be implemented? Basically, disable rift s hmd cameras and use existing drivers for hand tracking data.  I'd buy one tomorrow if you could confirm and would be a happy guinea pig for ya ?
2 REPLIES 2

Fangzhou
Adventurer
I have both CV1 and Rift S. When I connect both to my computer, Oculus settings just shows two set of devices, Rift S and the new touch controllers and Rift CV1 with old touch controllers. Then I have to choose one set of them to be the active device, the other set will just turn to sleep mode. So I cannot use CV1 camera&controller + Rift S HMD. 
But well, I think the controller tracking of Rift S is as good as the CV1. The HMD tracking of Rift S is worse than CV1 during fast movement/tapping (I can notice the jittering) though. 

stateofstatic
Protege
Im not concerned about the tracking (I am, but thats not the issue), Im concerned about not being able to use an accessory that I can not do without for high level gameplay in a competitive league fps.  The new controller design does not allow a solution such as this.
cqyvmuy8jshe.jpg4onf9iheasd6.jpg