cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Extentions

PandaPootchy
Honored Guest

So I recently bought a 6ft usb extension and a 6ft DisplayPort repeater because I thought my issues was coming from from the first cables I bought and didn't seem to work. The issue that happens is about 20 to 30 minutes in playing on vr tracking will freeze and the screen will black out and all my stuff that is connected to my computer via usb turns off then turns back on. I have done many test to find out its not my pc and when it happens and i disconnect my usb that goes to the headset it don't cause my usb connections to surge. I have fount out that its don't seem to be my headset because I tested it today without the extensions and it worked just fine other then sometimes when putting the headset back on when taking it off the screen didn't turn on until I took it off and put it back on and it only did it 3 times out of the 5 times I took the headset off. Don't really know what to do at this point because I was really hoping the cables would work after doing many research on them and seeing that many people has said that it has worked with theirs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey PandaPootchy, thanks for reaching out. We're glad to hear that you were able to get your headset working again after removing the extension cables! At this time, we do not support third party extension cables or third party DisplayPort repeaters. While some users report that they were able to use their devices with those accessories, we cannot guarantee a successful experience for every situation. We have a relevant support article with more information on the type of connections that are required for your headset to connect to your PC. You can check it out here. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey PandaPootchy, thanks for reaching out. We're glad to hear that you were able to get your headset working again after removing the extension cables! At this time, we do not support third party extension cables or third party DisplayPort repeaters. While some users report that they were able to use their devices with those accessories, we cannot guarantee a successful experience for every situation. We have a relevant support article with more information on the type of connections that are required for your headset to connect to your PC. You can check it out here. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!