cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Can’t Reach Oculus Service”

Blazinwarrior12
Explorer
So, I had just got delivered my new Oculus Rift S from the Oculus Website. I downloaded the Oculus App off the Oculus Website and it started to download. When I had the headset plugged in, the Computer screen glitched out. I unplugged it and continued the download without it plugged in. It finished downloading and the first thing I got was “Can’t Reach Oculus Service”, which I then restarted my computer and the same thing came up again. So, I tried to repair it and then it seemed to be working, the login screen popped up but suddenly went away again. I quickly tried to hit the app again but the same thing happened. So, I tried to redownload it and the same result keeps happening. I tried about 15 times now and the login screen has not popped up since. The Computer Tower I have is an HP and I have used VR on it before, a Microsoft Mixed Reality. Just wondering if anyone knows what’s happening, would be a huge help if anyone knew how to fix it. Thank you for reading! xkryiqywkee2.jpegrk7dok9lgnf5.jpeg
5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Hard to say for sure but if I were you I would go back to the Oculus download site and choose to uninstall.  After that remove all your Rift cable connections (and controller batteries), restart your PC, then try again but do not plug anything in or insert controller batteries until told to do so during your setup.  I went through this same problem myself a long time ago.  Good luck mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Blazinwarrior12
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Hard to say for sure but if I were you I would go back to the Oculus download site and choose to uninstall.  After that remove all your Rift cable connections (and controller batteries), restart your PC, then try again but do not plug anything in or insert controller batteries until told to do so during your setup.  I went through this same problem myself a long time ago.  Good luck mate.

I’ll try this, thank you very much! 

Blazinwarrior12
Explorer
It didn’t work, thank you for trying to help though! 

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer
For the life of me, I can't get my Rift-S to work on my desktop at all.  After some searching, I found a bunch of errors pointing to the Oculus Runtime Service in Event Vierwer so even though I can get the software to load, it appears that the services in the background are not running at all.

Cowtatoes
Honored Guest
Hey, I have the exact same PC as you and I sent in a support ticket earlier this week. The issue was with my graphics card drivers. Just update them on AMD's website. I tried posting the link but it wouldn't let me. Hope this helps 🙂