cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Oculus software update 1.38

xDevanitely
Level 3
I've been trying to download this for months now. It says queued with a grayed out arrow. I've repaired Oculus, I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. I shut off all my firewalls and windows defender. I have 1TB of space in my C drive. I've tried wired and wifi. I've been back and forth with support for ages to no avail. I sent my logs and I guess they didn't find anything. This is so ungodly frustrating. None of my games will update without this software update and I don't know what else to do. Someone please help  :'(
10 REPLIES 10

Mattbait_Ikea
Level 3
I've been getting a similar issue, but instead I'm not receiving the update whatsoever. I've tried to repair/reinstall it twice now so far and still nothing.

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Months ? It's only been out a week or so. Have you both opted into the beta channel in your settings ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

xDevanitely
Level 3

Techy111 said:

Months ? It's only been out a week or so. Have you both opted into the beta channel in your settings ?

The ones before this wouldn't download either. And the PTC switch is off under the Beta

RuneSR2
Level 16

Techy111 said:

The ones before this wouldn't download either. And the PTC switch is off under the Beta

Agreed - that is strange. Try contacting Support:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

xDevanitely
Level 3

RuneSR2 said:

Techy111 said:

Agreed - that is strange. Try contacting Support:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I've been back and forth with them for several weeks now. They keep suggesting the same things and they don't work

RuneSR2
Level 16
Try to wait a few days and see what happens when 1.38 arrives. I haven't gotten 1.38 yet, it may take another week. 
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

RuneSR2
Level 16
PS. Or try to make a post on Reddit - and remember to mention that Oculus Support couldn't help you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/

unaware_llama_2
Level 2

Techy111 said:

I've tried in and out of the Beta channel same problem. I've reinstalled nothing works

Digikid1
Level 12
Well since 1.38 is screwing up a lot of people’s setups......count yourself lucky.