cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you play Oculus Quest games on the Oculus Rift?

IceySquidFox
Honored Guest
Hello,
I have recently found a game in the Oculus Quest section of the Oculus Store and was wondering if it is possible to play the games from there on the Oculus Rift?
I know there's a way to play Oculus Rift games on the Oculus Quest, but I was wondering if you could do the opposite where you play Quest games on the Rift?

Thanks,
IceySquidFox
7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
There is no direct way to play Quest games on the Rift, but if the game supports cross-buy, you will be able to claim the PC version for free if you own it on Quest. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

IceySquidFox
Honored Guest
Thankyou!
Just one more question, do you know if there is any indirect ways to play the games not available for cross-buy?

No there's no way to do that, the Quest is a stand-alone android based device, games developed for it can't be played on any PC based VR headset, the Quest can function as a Rift when in Link mode and access the Rift's library, but the Rift can't function as a Quest.

You'd need a Quest emulator to do that and one doesn't exist. I doubt there'd be a big demand for it as Rift versions of games are preferred for that headset... and for games that are exclusive to the Quest, it's probably a lot more feasible for the developer to create a Rift version than for someone to provide Quest emulation for the PC.

How do i claim those games for free then? I have gorn installed and bought on quest, but how do i also get it on my pc.... (I still play with quest but than just connected to pc)

Unfortunately Gorn isn't a cross buy game (it's a developer decision), you'll need to buy it a second time to get it on PC.

If a game is cross buy, you need to go to the store page for the other platform (so if you bought the Quest version, go to the Rift store page for it) and the game will have a price of "Free". Select it as if you are buying it and you'll get the game on that platform added to your library.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Is beat saber one of those games?

Beat Saber isn't cross buy. If you own the Quest version and want to play it on a Rift (or on a Quest with Link/Airlink to a PC) then you have to buy it a second time at full price.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?