cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect my Rift S to my PC

Agonylord52
Honored Guest
Hello! I'm reaching out to ask what I can do to connect my new Rift S to my PC.

I've followed the steps in the app. The point I'm hung up on is getting my headset recognized by my PC.
Nothing happens when I plug in the USB or the Displayport cords.

I used the compatibility tool, and was green across the board. And I'm plugging it directly into a Displayport on my GPU.

Any help would be much appreciated.
48 REPLIES 48

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Thanks for reporting back guys and letting people know you got your's working and what resolved the issue.

We all need to work together to support others having similar issues.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Blue73
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe try rolling back your nvidia driver to an earlier, more stable version.  I'm using 417.35 and it has worked very well for me with my cv-1 (gtx1080ti).

Much appreciated that worked!

bloodhound62
Honored Guest
i had all the for mentioned problems, May's windows update just come down and everything is now working, setup took 30 seconds, unlike the 4 hours of my life wasted last night trying everything over and over in these forums, thank you Microsoft!

SteamedSwede
Honored Guest
Completed troubleshooting steps as advised by Oculus support. Also got the May Windows update. Still not working.

The headset is recognised by Windows when plugging in the DisplayPort cable, but not by the Oculus software.

I am not happy.

RD909
Honored Guest

Completed troubleshooting steps as advised by Oculus support. Also got the May Windows update. Still not working.

The headset is recognised by Windows when plugging in the DisplayPort cable, but not by the Oculus software.

I am not happy.

Same issue. Black screen, unsolved yet.
Alienware X51 R3 - Nvidia GTX 970

wysu
Explorer
I have the same problem with my Rift S. But unfortunately nothing mentioned in this discussion works for me. 
I've reinstalled oculus app six times also on the other drive. After that I've tried replugging everything, but still no go. Windows camera privacy settings changed to what was written here. Graphic card drivers are up to date. MoBo drivers up to date. Windows 10 also up

wysu
Explorer
I have the same problem with my Rift S. But unfortunately nothing mentioned in this discussion works for me. 
I've reinstalled oculus app six times also on the other drive. After that I've tried replugging everything, but still no go. Windows camera privacy settings changed to what was written here. Graphic card drivers are up to date. MoBo drivers up to date. Windows 10 also up

wysu
Explorer

Reinart_The_Fox
Explorer
What seems to have done it for me, after 2 days of nothing working, is the new May windows update. I installed that and restarted my computer, noticed the led on my headset turned orange (it never did before), tried it but still would not work. I then disconnected the DisplayPort, plugged it back in,et voila, it works.  😄 only thing that's wrong now is that when i put the headset on, the led goes from white to orange instead of going out. So that's not normal i think?

EDIT; i actually also did a second restart after the normal windows update restart.

SteamedSwede
Honored Guest
OK, fixed my issue which was graphics driver related.

I swapped graphics cards last year from Nvidia to AMD using the recommended method - use uninstall old drives, shut down, swap card, install new drivers - and had no issues since then.

The following fixed my issue where the Oculus app would not recognise the DisplayPort connection.
1. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).
2. Uninstall Oculus app.
3. Uninstall current AMD graphics drivers from control panel
4. Reboot into safe mode, no networking.
5. Run DDU, select and clean everything for AMD and Nvidia.
6. Reboot and re-install AMD drivers.
7. Re-install Oculus app.
8. Run through setup again and the headset was recognised straight away.
9. Enjoy my first ever experience with VR.