cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes during use and had to rebuild PC

azav8or
Level 2
OK I have a new Rift S. It worked great for about a month. Then one day out of no where while I was playing Poker Stars VR it hung and crashed. After a reboot I tried again and it did it again and then hosed my computer to the point I couldn't boot it anymore. I thought it might have been a Video card issue or some other hardware but I have since reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch again and got everything up to date and have reloaded the Oculus software and boom again it crashed on me while in Poker Stars VR. I uninstalled the Oculus Software and tried to strip down my computer to the minimums and have slowly been adding things back and testing including some GPU stress testing and my system runs fine during those tests and I just reinstalled the Oculus software again and want to start to use it but i dont know how it's going to go.
Let me as you this. So like I said I just installed the Oculus software and already I see this in the Event Viewer:
Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found

Why would that be? The Rift S is plugged into my video card and the USB so it should be seeing it. I have tried other Display Ports on the video card as well as USB ports too.

Here is my specs:
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD
2X Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD
GeForce RTX 2080 --- Drivers -- 445.87 
2 REPLIES 2

Anazang
Level 2
I use the same CPU, and also get this problem. When it crashes does the headset ever play a static noise?

azav8or
Level 2
Ok I thought after some new driver updates from Oculus recently for the Rift S and being on the latest driver for my RTX 2080 ---445.87 I had it going again but again it crashed in the middle of playing the Party Poker VR. I was thinking it might have been a over heating problem with my video card so I had MSI afterburner running on the virtual desktop and when it crashed the RTX 2080 was only at 50C.
After I got it booted back up I checked the logs and see this.---
Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found.
Which I see that in there even when I am not running the Oculus.
I just want to find out is my Oculus bad or is it the video card?

Is there any Logs for the Oculus I can grab and show anyone?

Cheers,
Chris