cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPLAY PORT NOT DETECTED RIFT S

Laxleo_
Explorer
hi, Ive recently be saving for a rift s and finally wage cucked enough to buy one, I started to set it up and noticed that the display port was not detecting the headset, but the usb port did. I can hear sound from the rift but the display port just wont detect it. Ive opened a ticket and have tried everything on every forum, everything is up to date and it still just wont connect.

At first I thought my display port was broken but then it detected the headset for around 5 seconds as I moved on to set up the controllers it couldn't detect it anymore. I also youtubed then problem and found many other people in dec 2019 and jan 2020 have had the same problem. 

So im 99% sure its not my grpahics card thats the problem. Ive googled to try and find a firmware update but nothing has come up at all.

Im honestly getting frustrated and want to refund the thing, ive been up for hours trying to fix it and still nothing, Windows is up to date, Nvidia is up to date, Oculus is up to date EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE yet nothing. Ive tried restarting my computer, waiting 5 seconds to put the display port in after, removing the putting back the display port in the headset itself yet nothing.

I just wanna play beat saber man. Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

8s57s5ui2p00.jpgfb9ezgv3aepaf.jpg
24 REPLIES 24

Netheri
Rising Star

Umpa_PC said:

I tried that and it did not work, and when this happens I need to unplug the usb and stick it back in.  Fixes it every time for me.  Mind you I can avoid it altogether if I changed the power profile, but this is a living room 'console' PC so VR is just one aspect of family entertainment for us.

Have you tried to put the power saving functions off from the usb ports and hosts in the Windows device manager or put the OTT's  "Rift power management" -> disable on start? 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Laxleo_
Explorer

Netheri said:

Umpa_PC said:

I tried that and it did not work, and when this happens I need to unplug the usb and stick it back in.  Fixes it every time for me.  Mind you I can avoid it altogether if I changed the power profile, but this is a living room 'console' PC so VR is just one aspect of family entertainment for us.

Have you tried to put the power saving functions off from the usb ports and hosts in the Windows device manager or put the OTT's  "Rift power management" -> disable on start? 

where do you find rift power management ?

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Netheri said:

Umpa_PC said:

No because its not a problem for me,
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

glen_seton_54
Honored Guest
Hi all, Same issue here. 
GTX 1060 6GB
WIN 10 
8GB RAM
Latest drivers for GTX, Occulus, and updated firmware on both.  Seems many people with this issue....

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Hopefully you are not trying to run 2x monitors,  This an age old problem.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Netheri
Rising Star

Umpa_PC said:

Netheri said:

Umpa_PC said:

No because its not a problem for me,

Ok, just known to cause those kinds of problems on CV1 what you have on S.

@Laxleo_ in OTT, "Power Options" section.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

VR2018FR
Expert Protege

Laxleo_ said:

VR2018FR said:

send them your system's  logs : Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
I'am experiencing the same problems as yours  and several others on the forum are plagued  by the latest  firmware and software update ! 

my headset  works perfectly fine  with a offline Pc with firmware 2.0 and  oculus software  from october 2019, and when i wanna use that headset on my PC with updated drivers and firmware it cannot  find the display port and ask for installing oculus software in loop ( it's been 10 days now)  ! 

That  headset was brand new, I exchanded t it on december 5th ( tried it once and never  used  it for a lillte more than a month) yours is  one of the more recent series just as mine, when I  plugged it in to my PCagain, it asked for  updating the firmware and  oculsu software as the  result you and I know.
this is indeed growing tiresome, I sent support for my problems on january 3r and they answered today with leaving no choice  but sending them my logs and wait.

Idk why oculus isnt saying anything about it. It has to be on their side, i want to send my headset back but these monkeys wont reply.

I sent them my logs to days ago, will see if they gave me any reply to our problem ?

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Laxleo_ said:

Maxxgold said:

It is usually a good idea to list your PC specs when you have an issue. The reason there are so many issues with PC problems is because there are thousands of different PC’s. It is definitely frustrating when something doesn’t work correctly, but if you plan to use a computer you have to have some patience. 

A lot of people that have the same issue as you, solve that problem by installing the Inateck Pcie card listed in my signature. Even though your USB is green, and your display port is red, your USB port may not have enough power to get you going. 

Before worrying about that though, you should list all of your PC specs. Are you using dedicated graphics? Silly question, yes, but we have seen people plugging in their headset to the motherboard, and not the GPU. 

Oculus Rift S minimum PC requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater.
  • RAM: 8GB.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti / Radeon RX 470 or greater.
  • USB Ports: 1 USB 3.0 .
  • Compatible miniDisplayPort video output (miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter included with Rift S)

I’m guessing your Nvidia GTX 680 is your problem. Minimum GPU is listed as 1050Ti

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys after a few days spent by trying the possible solutions only one worked. I have a laptop with 1070 nvidia I reinstalled a previous version of the driver (2 months old) and it works now properly. So I think you should try to downgrade the driver version and don't forget to remove the driver before install the oldest. Have a nice day.

VR2018FR
Expert Protege

VRE_UG3 said:

Hi Guys after a few days spent by trying the possible solutions only one worked. I have a laptop with 1070 nvidia I reinstalled a previous version of the driver (2 months old) and it works now properly. So I think you should try to downgrade the driver version and don't forget to remove the driver before install the oldest. Have a nice da

the only thing that works is to downgrade the oculus software, i own another  pc  (offline) with oculus software from october and 2.0 firmware and there's no problem at all with the headset. But we can not do such thing.
If oculus allowed a downgrade and then doing the procedure again for the latest drivers (in case something went  wrong on our devices)  maybe that  would solve  the problem ? but we can't do that.