cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPLAY PORT NOT DETECTED RIFT S

Laxleo_
Explorer
hi, Ive recently be saving for a rift s and finally wage cucked enough to buy one, I started to set it up and noticed that the display port was not detecting the headset, but the usb port did. I can hear sound from the rift but the display port just wont detect it. Ive opened a ticket and have tried everything on every forum, everything is up to date and it still just wont connect.

At first I thought my display port was broken but then it detected the headset for around 5 seconds as I moved on to set up the controllers it couldn't detect it anymore. I also youtubed then problem and found many other people in dec 2019 and jan 2020 have had the same problem. 

So im 99% sure its not my grpahics card thats the problem. Ive googled to try and find a firmware update but nothing has come up at all.

Im honestly getting frustrated and want to refund the thing, ive been up for hours trying to fix it and still nothing, Windows is up to date, Nvidia is up to date, Oculus is up to date EVERYTHING IS UP TO DATE yet nothing. Ive tried restarting my computer, waiting 5 seconds to put the display port in after, removing the putting back the display port in the headset itself yet nothing.

I just wanna play beat saber man. Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

8s57s5ui2p00.jpgfb9ezgv3aepaf.jpg
24 REPLIES 24

ZaroktheImmorta
Explorer
I've had a similar issue since buying it where it'd tell me it can't find the display port or tell me to reset the software or it'd tell me it can't find the headset then I'd go about unplugging it and plugging it back in helps I have to go through pretty much every day of a rinse repeat of unplugging plugging back in restarting my computer and going through different methods until it works for that day I contacted support about it and got told they are aware of the issue and are looking into a fix but have no time frame on a fix. 

VR2018FR
Expert Protege

I've had a similar issue since buying it where it'd tell me it can't find the display port or tell me to reset the software or it'd tell me it can't find the headset then I'd go about unplugging it and plugging it back in helps I have to go through pretty much every day of a rinse repeat of unplugging plugging back in restarting my computer and going through different methods until it works for that day I contacted support about it and got told they are aware of the issue and are looking into a fix but have no time frame on a fix. 

This is solve the problem of having a uselless oculus rift-s  headset, it solves the problem till oculus does something  about it ! the only catch is...you can't buy new apps cause the  oculus software thinks it is  off line.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/eoy744/rift_s_display_port_not_found_fix_driver_rollback/

0skribe0
Honored Guest
R7 3700x
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
16gig 3200 RAM 
GTX 1080 Zotac Amp

Same here.... just started since last update.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
You know, perhaps this is an AMD issue with Oculus.  Most of the problems seem to be with AMD in some form or another.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

hi i have the same problem. one day after 4 months the display port would not connect. i have tried different ports on graphics cards with no joy.. have tried re- connecting both leads to no avail. how did you sort this problem out?  i  reformatted my hard drive but to no avail. display port still not connecting. if you could help it would be much appreciated.

cheers.