cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers update for Oculus Rift S (Modern graphic cards)

SirBruce
Level 2

Is there any possibility about an upgrade, so Oculus Rift S supports newer than 2017 graphic cards? I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT, a Radeon RX 6600 XT, and an NVIDIA RTX 2060... but none of them seem to be supported. What is worse... Oculus support told me that problems related to disappearing USB and Displayport connections were the product of "too modern graphic cards".

1 REPLY 1

ohgrant
Level 9

I agree they should, but to be honest I don't think it's likely to happen soon knowing Oculus's history in this area. 

I think they should delete that warning people are getting because I think it leads to people thinking that their issues are going to be solved once they do give those cards their blessing. I've seen many folks with the same graphics cards as you have, and they are not having issues, except that warning. 

I think you were misled into believing this. I seriously doubt "too modern a graphics card" has anything to do with any USB/ display port dropouts you are having. 

If this is an OEM computer you have upgraded and not really considered the power supply you might want to consider checking to make sure it can handle everything you're trying to power.

Also have to recommend, if you haven't done so, upgrade to a StarTech or Inateck USB card and limit what you have connected to it when running VR.  Good Luck.          

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.