cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1650 Not Compatible??

RumMonkey
Honored Guest
Hi guys, I have the Oculus Rift, I did have the GTX 1050 on my machine and the Oculus compatability tool said it wasn't compatible, I could run most games on it fine but I upgraded to the GTX 1650 anyway, I've just installed it along with drivers, I've ran the tool again and it still says the graphics card isn't compatible!

Am I doing something wrong here?xf2ppstng43u.png
15 REPLIES 15

kojack
MVP
MVP
The compatibility tool was discontinued. It just checked your GPU against a known list, which probably didn't know about the 1650 at the time.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pascalvantilbor
Honored Guest
We have the same issue. Does Oculus have any plans on updating to support the GTX16xx series cards that are coming out in drones on new midrange systems at all? They seem to be loosing a lot of business that way. 

Jerrito_Czech
Honored Guest
Hi. I share your thoughts. I have Quest 2 & gaming laptop with GTX 1650 so it's not really possible to upgrade just the Graphic card... and I would love to try PC games. I've tried some demos and some works but mostly with minor or major graphic issues ... sometimes ending in force close of Oculus Link.

RioBoss111
Honored Guest
I have a GTX 10 60 with 6 GB and I was wondering what it'd be a major difference for me to upgrade to the GTX 1650 I'm running the Oculus quest one with the Oculus link

Reoxc
Honored Guest
Got a new computer with a Gtx 1650and am unable to get my Rift S to work. i7 10700 processor and 16gb memory.  What can I do?

jim_ruddy_33
Honored Guest
Got a new laptop with GTX 1650 and I am unable to get my Quest2 to work, says video card is not support.  When will this be supported?

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Got a new laptop with GTX 1650 and I am unable to get my Quest2 to work, says video card is not support.  When will this be supported?

Never, its link compatibility page. https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

the gtx 1650 does not posses the required functionality.

Ravenroy
Honored Guest
Oculus please can you release an update for the gtx1650? a lot of laptop have this gpu!!!

JeromeStabler
Honored Guest
Come on guys PLEASE i just bought an expensive laptop with the gtx 1650,i can play cyberpunk just fine so im pretty sure that i should be able to play weak games like vrchat on the quest with the link,please like update or something ANYTHING