cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google authentication recovery

SPRODer71
Level 2

Basically i got a virus and i had to restore my PC, when i installed everything back i went to log in to Oculus and it asks for a 2 factor authentication code, that doesn't show up in my phone, and i don't have the recovery codes because of the virus/PC reset. The only option that i get from Oculus is a password reset which doesn't help anything. I have all my information (passwords, phone number, Facebook account, email, etc) but all my support tickets say i have to ask google for help, why should i ask google to give me a code that doesn't show up in my phone that would allow me to enter into my account? that doesn't sound very secure, i complained in my response email but i got no answer back so I'm resorting to the community for help. I know I'm not the only one with this issue but i also know that those others couldn't resolve it.

1 REPLY 1

SPRODer71
Level 2

If you know some way of getting back the 2FA codes or contacting google, because as Oculus support puts it "its not our problem", i would really appreciate it.