cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Oculus software does not recognize DP port.

Spitfire_0416
Honored Guest
 Is there a way to factory reset?

I've just recived Rift s. but I'm in trouble. 

USB3.0. terminal is recognized properly, but DP port is not. 

DP ports are properly connected and graphics card drivers are updated to the latest version.

I erased the software and installed it again, but the problem still remained

It is unthinkable that the DP cable is defective. Because only once did the software recognize it properly. DP ports are not recognized since they were stopped at the sensor recognition stage.
7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @seogjin-hong, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the DP port being recognized. if you haven't already please try disconnecting your Rift S, wait 10 seconds, connect your USB, wait another 10 seconds then connect your DisplayPort connection. It's important to allow the USB connection to fully establish before connecting the DP port. Also, please try reseating the cable on the headset side. You'll need to remove the facial interface first to access it. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you're still having issues. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Spitfire_0416
Honored Guest

Hey @seogjin-hong, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the DP port being recognized. if you haven't already please try disconnecting your Rift S, wait 10 seconds, connect your USB, wait another 10 seconds then connect your DisplayPort connection. It's important to allow the USB connection to fully establish before connecting the DP port. Also, please try reseating the cable on the headset side. You'll need to remove the facial interface first to access it. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you're still having issues. Thanks! -Rick

Still not working. I sent you an email. rwtud3isrbhu.png

Spitfire_0416
Honored Guest

Still not working. I sent you an email. rwtud3isrbhu.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
You tried reseating the DP cable at the headset end?
OR you try the DP slot furthest away instead.

cybershrapnel
Protege
Hey Oculus Support Rick!  YOU SUCK!!!!!

Spitfire_0416
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

You tried reseating the DP cable at the headset end?
OR you try the DP slot furthest away instead.

Already I've tried hundreds times to unplug and plug DP port. It did not worked

antitrust42
Expert Protege
for taht oyu need to connect usb 3 first, wait 10 sec and connect display port 

ifyou try display port before this one will no tbe recognized