cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to reseat my headset cables every time I boot my PC and start the Oculus app

michael.h.day.31
Explorer
I have an Oculus Rift 6,16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti on Windows 10.

Wondering why I Have to reseat my USB and or video cable on my headset every time I boot my PC and start the Oculus app.
9 REPLIES 9

michael.h.day.31
Explorer
Correction, Oculus Rift S

Michaelwave69
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. I have to unplug/replug my rift s every single time I use it to get it to work. Is my headset defective?

michael.h.day.31
Explorer
Since no reply other than confirmation it's occurring with at least one other person I've submitted a support ticket.  

I'll post their reply here when I get it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah happens a lot - a highspeed powered USB Hub seems to fix this

michael.h.day.31
Explorer
Highspeed powered USB Hub.  Interesting ...

Although doubt if I'll do that.

Just got a reply back on my ticket and support basically said it was SOP.  The cables need to reseated after every reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Highspeed powered USB Hub.  Interesting ...

Although doubt if I'll do that.

Just got a reply back on my ticket and support basically said it was SOP.  The cables need to reseated after every reboot.

Sounds like a load of bull support is giving you, I have never had to reseat my cable for my Rift or Rift S.

Splinter85
Honored Guest
I had the same problem with my Rift S on a i7 7700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Super, Windows 10.
Any new solution?

michael.h.day.31
Explorer
I still have the issue.  My stock high-performance Velocity PC does not seem to recognize the headset on boot. 

Although after I turn on the PC, my workaround is to unplug both the USB and monitor cable, wait for 5-10 seconds, reseat the USB, wait 3 sec till I see the light come on in the headset, and plug in the monitor cable. 

Then I start the Oculus software and it recognizes my headset every time.  If I start Oculus before I reseat the cables and go to devices it will always either show the USB or monitor cable is not connected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have the issue.  My stock high-performance Velocity PC does not seem to recognize the headset on boot. 

Although after I turn on the PC, my workaround is to unplug both the USB and monitor cable, wait for 5-10 seconds, reseat the USB, wait 3 sec till I see the light come on in the headset, and plug in the monitor cable. 

Then I start the Oculus software and it recognizes my headset every time.  If I start Oculus before I reseat the cables and go to devices it will always either show the USB or monitor cable is not connected.

But you shouldn't have to... I bought the rift s over 1.5 years ago and I've had this problem from day 1.  I saw on reddit somewhere they note this issue and is looking at it.  But a reply from 9 months ago confirms there is no fix...  I was hoping to find better luck here.