cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with trigger button holding down longer then it should

Dakiller1009
Explorer
I've noticed that the trigger buttons on both of my controllers when I hold them down then release them they both physically  release but in game they continue to do whatever action they do in game for another second. Basically a delay in releasing the trigger. So when you use the trigger button the hold and release for picking up and throwing an item when I throw it and release it stays in my hand and then drops to the ground. It's incredibly frustrating. I noticed it in pavlov when my gone starting shooting fully auto when I had my finger off the trigger. Sometimes the delay is longer then others. Any one else having this issue? 
7 REPLIES 7

MrAnderson96543
Protege
I have exactly the same issue. But not always. Sometimes throwing things arround works very well and flawlessly. But sometimes it takes a fraction of a second to let go for whatever reason. I think it's software related and hope for a fix.

Dakiller1009
Explorer
yeah its weird. Seems very similar to the grip button delay people are talking about but its happening on the trigger button. I hope it gets fixed

geoff_killick
Protege
This has just started happening to my rift S too, 10 days old and I've suffered the static flashes every soddin 15 mins now this problem!! 

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Some users have had success fixing tracking issues or similar by changing usb port. For some the solution has been the 3.x usb ports on front of the computer.  This might be bandwidth issue on certain motherboards. Doesn't hurt to try specially if you got usb 3 extension cable laying around somewhere.

@geoff.killick Things rarely "just start" happening. Either them exist from the start or then some event triggers the change. Now the question is did something change or was this just the 1st time you noticed such event.

geoff_killick
Protege
Nothing has changed on my PC. It wasn't happening and now It Is! 

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Ok I just leave these here:

Latest reply to user indicate that Oculus is aware of the problem which will likely be fixed with firmware update.

You may want to check with Oculus monitor are you experiencing the issue or not.
Meanwhile as temporary fix removing touch controllers battery cover may fix the issue.
Also opt in to public test channel (PTC) from Oculus app to get the latest beta versions.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
I noticed this delay in Budget Cuts too. Very hard to throw knives.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080