cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with oculus rift cv1

Lottoma
Level 2

So i launch a game on my oculus rift which has been working for 2 years now and then about 30 seconds later it shuts off the screen turns off and the light goes orange then 5-10 seconds it boots back up and is increadbly studdery to the point of unusability and to make it start i have to restart the headset 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

You probably need to uninstall/reinstall your cv1 cable (both ends).  If this does not work your cable may be the problem. Send me a PM and I may be able to supply one.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

You probably need to uninstall/reinstall your cv1 cable (both ends).  If this does not work your cable may be the problem. Send me a PM and I may be able to supply one.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Please try reseating your Rift headset cable on both ends (you'll need to remove the facial interface to access the cable on the headset's end) and check for any bends, kinks or damage along the length of the cord. Ensure that you are connecting it directly to your computer with no adapters, extenders or third-party components in use. If the problem persists, click here to submit a ticket. Thanks!