cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Resolution on the Oculus Rift S

Erlxnd
Level 2

To start off, yes, I am aware that a vr headset will never be the same quality as your monitor, although I am experiencing some issues. The graphics themselves look fine, but the resolution is horrible. I have a 20 dollar vr headset similar to the google cardboard for your phone, and the resolution is pretty much the same as the rift s, which of course is not normal. There's a lot of chromatic aberration and weird warping around the edges. My friend's rift s looks way better compared to mine, and I've maxed out graphics and even increased the resolution with the debug tool. If anyone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya! We appreciate you voicing your concern on the quality of the display you're experiencing. We would like to ask a few questions. At this time are you using the cable that comes with your device or a third party cable? Also when looking at your cable, do you notice any bends or abrasions? This will help us narrow down whether you are dealing with a cable issue or not. Also we would like to look into this internally, what are your PC specs? Once we are able to get the details of your PC specs we will be able to see what the issue could be and provide you with a possible solution. We hope to hear back from you soon! 

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! 

We hope this message finds you well. We just wanted to follow up with you and see if your issue was resolved! If not, please reach back out at your earliest convenience and we can continue troubleshooting and solving the matter at hand. 

We hope to hear back from you soon!