cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How comfortable using an oculus rift s headset is in your experience?

tuananhtoto
Honored Guest

I have been playing vr games for more than a year with my play station 4 vr system. It is a pretty good system in my opinion. However, the tracking is not precise and i usually experience floating hands issue even though i play in basement with minimal light. Plus, the play station 4 vr headset is amazingly light, playing in hours doesn't make me feel sore on the neck like an oculus quest. I just want to know your own experience in playing vr games with an oculus rift s. Is it heavy (like you literally feel your head is being hooked by a sand bag). What do you feel after around 1 hour playing or longer period? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

The Rift S headset weighs 500g.  So, just a bit lighter than your PCVR headset (~580g I think).  Both use halo design straps so if you like your PSVR you should like the Rift S for comfort.  I have used a Rift S and it was the most comfortable headset I've ever worn.  A good friend of mine flight sims for hours with his Rift S, no problems.

The Rift S was discontinued a couple of months ago so Oculus will not be making any more of these.  So, when stock runs out (it already has on my local Oculus Store) then you will only be able to buy used (maybe refurbished).  They are still available on my local Amazon store and they offer a good 30 day return window.  So you could try it out and if it did not work out for you, it's easy to return it for a refund.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jay.ogle.9250
Protege

Never been comfortable for me. Have the DAS and it was better than the standard strap but still is painful after a short time. Just too much pressure on your face. Maybe be it's just me, but it is not a good experience. Short of hanging a cantaloupe off the back strap don't know what might help. My Vive or Rift didn't seem to be as bad. A full face motorcycle helmet is comfortable for hours. Perhaps gluing the thing to the eye opening in the helmet would work!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

The Rift S headset weighs 500g.  So, just a bit lighter than your PCVR headset (~580g I think).  Both use halo design straps so if you like your PSVR you should like the Rift S for comfort.  I have used a Rift S and it was the most comfortable headset I've ever worn.  A good friend of mine flight sims for hours with his Rift S, no problems.

The Rift S was discontinued a couple of months ago so Oculus will not be making any more of these.  So, when stock runs out (it already has on my local Oculus Store) then you will only be able to buy used (maybe refurbished).  They are still available on my local Amazon store and they offer a good 30 day return window.  So you could try it out and if it did not work out for you, it's easy to return it for a refund.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

NotxCrxfter
Honored Guest

Bit late to this, but I found this VR comfortable for a very long time. I used to be able to play games quite a bit with no pain but recently when playing I have started to gain serious pain. This is because the padding at the back of the headset is very thin and does not work properly for me. I can only play for around 5-10 minutes then it starts to hurt like hell. I also tried re-adjusting the headset many times, turns out I needed to make it higher than it feels like it needs to go. Now I might be able to play for an hour and not feel much pain. I'll give it a go later.