cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you do not have any major problems with the Rift S?

KenSniper
Adventurer
Just wondering how many of you guys who bought the Rift S actually dont have any problems with it, because obviously ppl would only post if they have problems, so I want to know those who dont have any issue to see the rough ratio 
22 REPLIES 22

matt_cat
Explorer
Hi, I was really worried about my purchase reading the problems people were having, but mine has been working out of the box from day 1 and am now a week in, I haven't posted because I'm still worried it will suddenly go wrong :blush:

I have to say I've not played any games on it yet because I bought it for design applications!

nickyb78
Protege
Doubt people without problems will be on these forums lol Theyl just be enjoying the rift. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

matt_cat said:

Hi, I was really worried about my purchase reading the problems people were having, but mine has been working out of the box from day 1 and am now a week in, I haven't posted because I'm still worried it will suddenly go wrong :blush:

I have to say I've not played any games on it yet because I bought it for design applications!

Great to hear, as my replacement will be arriving later today.
Yeah I have seen several folks on some of the gaming forums that are not having issue. But you certainly hear more from those that are, as they are more motivated to be more vocal on the forums with their experience quite understandably as they are seeking help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
You forgot to add "NO PROBLEMS AT ALL AFTER A WEEK'S TESTING"

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Well this is now three weeks in and my Rift S has behaved exactly as my CV1 ever has only now its like going to HD. The manufacture date is 4/2019 by the way. The audio is nowhere as bad as ive heard (to my mortal ears). Elite Dangerous is a new game after upgrading to this headset. I do feel badly hearing the experience being reported by many on here and hope it gets sorted out for you because this really is the best headset at this price point period. 

RattyUK
Trustee
Rift S works fine, the odd static flash and software failure - but PTC has always been a mixed bag.
Mildly odd growing list of Right touch controllers (but I'm left-handed!) is funny, but nothing beyond what I'd expected for a new tech release.
Sufficient 'nice' bits to make waiting for the required patches no big deal.

k4ygyztc4xlh.jpg

Odd...

ETA: oops... forgot to press the vote button first!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Now that's greedy mate  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RattyUK
Trustee

Techy111 said:

Now that's greedy mate  😄

... and it won't even 'forget' them - breeding like rabbits and taking over my desk 😛
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3