cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having serious stuttering and bad display.

Oraculi
Level 2
This is my second rift this month after an hdmi issue ruined my first straight out of the box. Now after moving my setup to a different house it has huge stuttering every time I turn my head and the graphics are unplayable unless I stand absolutely still.
My laptop was vr ready when I bought it last month and I have only used steam twice with is before.
Any fixes other than taking it back again?
2 REPLIES 2

VR-Snowcrash
Level 2
IF you haven't already done it, try reinstalling the Oculus software and if that doesn't fix it reset windows. It's not an easy fix but knowing what programs you install along with the Rift should make it clear if it's a software issue. If your laptop was VR ready and worked it isn't the laptop unless it won't play games without stuttering. Could be your USB 3.0 drivers as well. Maybe Windows did you the favor of "updating" one of your drivers so check those as well before hitting the reset. Best of luck! 

RuneSR2
Level 16
Make you're using Forceware 417.35 or newer if you're using a Nvidia video card.
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"