cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bet Oculus would sell those headset/thinglys (from the Rift) separately from the Rift S!

TomTom1298
Explorer
I think Oculus left the headphones apart on purpose.(Removed them and replaced them for build-in sound)

They could earn LOTS of money by selling those headphones apart from the Rift S.
Just think about it....

I mean, come on! Build-in 3.5mm port in the Oculus Rift S... No headphones on the headstrap, but there's plenty of space to place some headphones?

This mean it will be a nice accesiores they'll sell :-). 
My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti
10 REPLIES 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I suspect Oculus will wait a month after the Rift S release and gauge user responses before putting out a lot of accessories.  Your idea is pretty likely though.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Lujho
Expert Protege
Sure, but they're also making it very easy for people to use NON Oculus headphone/earbud solutions. So it's less of a money making scheme and more of a flexibility feature for the user.

If they really wanted to do what you're suggesting, they could have made it so that the only compatible headphones would come from them. 

TomTom1298
Explorer

Lujho said:

Sure, but they're also making it very easy for people to use NON Oculus headphone/earbud solutions. So it's less of a money making scheme and more of a flexibility feature for the user.

If they really wanted to do what you're suggesting, they could have made it so that the only compatible headphones would come from them. 

I think they first thought about as you said a audio port only for their accessories, but that they realized that people won’t like that they use their own audioport and that consumers buy an different headset. So they had to be flexible a bit more and make it a 3.5mm port. 
My PC-Specs:

Ztreak
Protege

I think Oculus left the headphones apart on purpose.(Removed them and replaced them for build-in sound)

They could earn LOTS of money by selling those headphones apart from the Rift S.
Just think about it....

I mean, come on! Build-in 3.5mm port in the Oculus Rift S... No headphones on the headstrap, but there's plenty of space to place some headphones?

This mean it will be a nice accesiores they'll sell :-). 

They should just do it already. Hope its not earbuds tho.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I'd just use bluetooth headphones myself.  Chances are Oculus will charge at least a minimum of $50 and they'd certainly be ear buds which I absolutely hate.

jayhawk
Superstar
Maybe it just needs extensions you can plug over the audio holes that aim it more toward the ear hole. Haven't heard of anyone trying that yet.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Someone said PS VR head phones work.

MikeF
Trustee

jayhawk said:

Maybe it just needs extensions you can plug over the audio holes that aim it more toward the ear hole. Haven't heard of anyone trying that yet.

there are no visible "audio holes" the audio is positionally directed at the users ears already and it sounds great. Only reason to get headphones would be so no one else can hear around you

TomTom1298
Explorer

MikeF said:

jayhawk said:

there are no visible "audio holes" the audio is positionally directed at the users ears already and it sounds great. Only reason to get headphones would be so no one else can hear around you

So no one can hear your special 18+ collection ?
My PC-Specs: