cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a new GPU and now my headset is not displaying anything but black (Rift s)

italk123805
Honored Guest

I'm upgraded from an RX 570 to an RX 6600 for better VR performance but for some reason, it's not displaying anything. I made sure my drivers were up to date and I uninstalled and reinstalled the oculus software many times and I don't think it's the cable because when In device is set up it says everything ok and the light inside the headset turns on. does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we see you're having some issues with your Rift S after upgrading your drivers. We'll be happy to assist you in resolving this issue. If you haven't done so already, please ensure that your integrated graphics card is disabled. If you're still experiencing issues, please submit a support ticket and include your log files so we can look into your issue deeper. 

To gather your logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!