cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Rift S software won't work.

SoilR
Explorer

I'm trying to install the software needed to use the Rift S, however, when I go through the installation it says:

Can't connect, It seems like we can't reach the Oculus server, check your connection.

I've been looking the problem up on Google, but can't find any working solutions.

38 REPLIES 38

Azz09
Honored Guest

Another reason to ditch Facebook VR and get Index or Vive. I have liked the Rift S but forcing us to login with Facebook for social and now cannot even install software....what a joke.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same with me, I tried everything, drive changes / vpns (i'm in china) and permissions etc.

I was told that the servers are down and they are trying to solve the issue.

It's bad that it requires digging to know this, Facebook / Oculus just stay silent and useless.

The TaoBao seller actually used a whole day to help me solve this issue (even giving me a vpn), The oculus support, laughable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah especially considering we all waste so much time and stress (expensive bricks)

DeathGuardJamie
Explorer
Yes as you mentioned, it's a known issue but it would be resolved today 10 PM PST
What is that GMT?
5:00 AM Wednesday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
We are sorry for any inconvenience, you may face.

DeathGuardJamie
Explorer

Its fixed 🙂

klayman-
Explorer

It works for me now! However I had to redownload the installation file, even though it's seemingly the same. With the one I had from yesterday, it still didn't work, but with the redownloaded one, it did.

SoilR
Explorer

Oculus fixed the problem!

bleachboi
Explorer

Still not working for me in Chicago 

dbloy
Honored Guest

Oculus or favebook..? it's enough! 

Nothing has changed. 
Since the last - forced update - I've had more crashes.  Hm .. it should get better, shouldn't it?
This hardware and software is not worth the money. But we should remember that they are toys, excessively expensive, but nothing more!

I'm looking forward to the products of the competition .. oh yes, without mandatory registration 🙂