cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it my computer or my rift s?

JGjackpot
Level 2
So whenever I try to play games in VR, the ingame world becomes jumpy and stuttery. Is this a problem with the Rift S or my computer? 

My specs are:

Intel i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz

16 gigs of ram 

64-bit processor

GeForce GTX 1660 Graphics card 
6 REPLIES 6

PITTCANNA
Level 12
Depends on the game, but the 1660 is definitely on the low end of the vr scale. Turn render scale down, and turning down textures.

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
@JGjackpot  If you want good PCVR you'll need to upgrade your gpu to at least a rtx3060ti or rtx3070 imho.  While you may be able to crank your settings down enough to play most simple PCVR games, you results with more complex games/sims are not going to be very good. 

The latest rtx3000 series gpu's are pretty hard to get right now so if you want a faster improvement you may be able to find some good deals on used rtx2070 or rtx2080 gpu's if you do a bit of googling.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

micronauta
Level 3
I have the same problem w rtx 3070...

StoneVerlix
Level 2
yea your not alone man your specs should be fine the oculus drivers are just straight broken right now. SO HAPPY TO BE PAYING FOR THIS BS

StoneVerlix
Level 2

I have the same problem w rtx 3070...

same here a whole ton of problems still somehow!

hussite
Level 2
Not your computer, I have a 3080, new 1000W PSU and a new Z390 Aorus Pro Motherboard, and it doesn't work.