cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Planned update soon to fix the white noise glitch?

AtomicTexan
Explorer
I am subbed to the beta of oculus, but I have white noise that comes up for a split second then goes away for another few minutes.
6 REPLIES 6

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
Hi ! There are already several discussions about that. We don't know yet if this is a hardware or software issue. I've got 2 Rift S and both are concerned by those glitches...
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

lensmandave
Superstar
Support have said they are aware of it and engineers are working on a firmware fix.
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

AtomicTexan
Explorer
Ok, I hope it's a firmware issue because if they wait to late to determine it's a hardware issue then warranty
will be out

lensmandave
Superstar

xXRandyXx said:

Ok, I hope it's a firmware issue because if they wait to late to determine it's a hardware issue then warranty
will be out

Well, hopefully it won't take longer than 2 years....
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

mrdonreilly
Honored Guest
I have had my rift s for about 8 days and have recently started experiencing the white noise issue, it randomly starts happening about 5-15 mins after use, the controllers stop working(mostly) and then its white noise behind the menu and pass thru every time. I have also had a few other issues first of all i bought a inateck usb 3 hub for my PC (I replaced the one I had as the chip type was not ideal (think it was via). this worked fine for the first day and a half but after a crash when playing hasn't worked since for the rift s.  luckily I had several other usb 3.0 ports available on my pc although this was annoying as i purchased this item for the sole use of my rift s. Probably unrelated is the game knockout league that will crash my rift s after the first dodge then punch during training every time. This leads to a blackout on the rift s(audio survives) and that can only be fixed be doing a pc restart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just try Beta/Restart Oculus menu