cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues during Oculus Rift S setup.

karafastagnaus
Honored Guest

Hello there.

About 2 years ago, I bought my Oculus Rift S. It's all been smooth ever since I got it, never had issues. Today, after not using it for a week or so, I booted it up so my nephew could play a Spider-Man game. But I noticed some problems arising quite soon. I was asked to setup Guardian once again. It's not the first time, it has happened before and it has never bothered me. This time, though, it seemed as if the sensors were not working. A few times, while setting up the floor level and the play area, the whole process just... stopped working. The screen either went grey, loading, or I had to do the whole thing again. I noticed that the whole play area moved around as I did, something that shouldn't happen. 

Either way, after trying time and time again, even unplugging, letting the headset "rest" for a bit and trying again, it seemed to suddenly work, even if the borders of the Guardian zone sometimes shifted as I close to them, moving around. 

It all seems to work rather normally now and I understand this post might seem useless, but I was simply trying to understand if this issue could return, if there's any way to prevent it or if anyone knows something, having experienced something similar. For a few moments I thought the sensors had broken even though I was always careful. 

Thank you for your patience and help. 

Update: I tried again and the Guardian setup is all over the place. The floor level is tens of feet below me. I don't know anymore. The sensors might be all **bleep**ed up. And the black and white camera also doesn't seem to work well. Sometimes I see black spots all over my room. 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're having some issues with your Rift S. We want to help you get to the bottom of this, as we know how frustrating this can be. You may find success with resetting your guardian. Just go to your settings and select "Reset Guardian" .  You may also want to check the condition of the cable, kinks and harsh bends on the cable could cause display issues. 

If these steps don't work out for you, please reach out to us via PM so we can really dig into this issue for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @karafastagnaus!

We wanted to follow up and see if you we able to resolve those issues of yours or see if you may need a helping hand.

We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

terry.jamerson
Honored Guest

I just changed computers to a new Legion-Levano with a Geforce RTX 3060Ti card.  When I tried to setup my Rift S, it tried multiple times but kept telling me to replug in the cables.  It then says the sensors can't track? What is causing this?

Hey there, @terry.jamerson, and thanks for sending us a private message regarding this! We have seen it and we'll be happy to work with you towards a resolution over there!

I tried all the suggestions sent to me by your support group and they did not work. I need more help please.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?