cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep on getting "Critical Error your right touch battery is low"

lsmanley
Level 2
Something weird going on here. I have a brand new Rift S. When I start a game I get a "Critical Error your right touch battery is low" which means I can't play my games. Now, when I go to devices, it shows a left and right touch controller both with full battery but also shows 5 (!!) right touch controllers. These all have serial numbers like ��_ ( and I cannot remove them. One of them has a constand 'battery low' messge and this is causing the problem. It's infurating!
39 REPLIES 39

TereDoney
Level 2
I haven't had this issue since I got my Rift S but since I went back to the non beta software, it's constant, so I'm back on beta.  I'll see how it goes.

Cechri
Level 2
Having the additional right controller issue with low battery and can't play because of it. I have followed the above for downloading beta without success. Any additional suggestions?

TragicDelight
Level 4
Use new batteries. Or clean the contacts with Q-Tip and alcohol

Cechri
Level 2
New batteries aren't the issue. Have replaced them multiple times. It's the firmware somehow as discussed above.

Cechri
Level 2
I have tried all of the suggestions above, including a complete delete and re-install of the Oculus software without success. I have now also submitted a trouble ticket. The HMD is completely useless until this gets fixed.

Cechri
Level 2
Here is what fixed this for me. I have tried all of the suggestions above in this thread without success. I placed a ticket to support and we have worked through all of the above steps plus a couple over the past week. Yesterday, after trying a complete clean install again without success I found a thread on these forums that described the HMD freezing up after loud sounds using the built-in speakers. This caused me to pay attention to the sound when my error occurred and it seemed like they might be correlated. So I decided to plug in a set of earbuds and give it a try, low and behold I am able to play without a hitch! I have been able to get my headset volume up to 80% without earbuds, at 90% the error returns. I will be updating my support ticket with this info hopefully, they can give it a quick fix for all of us. On the downside, I have now experienced all of the sounds that I'm missing when using the built-in speakers. I'm a bit too paranoid to be completely shut off from the world though, anyone have suggestions for earbuds or a headset that allows ambient sound through... I hope this helps someone else.

Jimbrasscaptain
Level 2
The same issue is noted in my new Oculus rift S.

Shralpy
Level 2
This happened to me exactly as described on a brand new Rift S. I don't have the "multiple controller" issue, just one listed under Devices, but my right controller posts a "low battery" message and shuts down within a minute or two every time I try to use my Rift S. I agree that it pretty much renders the headset unusable.

I have tried all the software reinstallations, in safe mode and normal mode, file deletion and reinstallation, beta software etc. and nothing has managed to fix this. I also tried swapping to new batteries, and swapping batteries between left and right controllers - right controller remains the issue.

Oculus is RMA-ing my right controller, but after reading some of the comments here I'm worried it is software related. Really hope I can use my brand new $400 headset at some point.

Also have to mention their RMA process is terrible. I have to send my controller back to them, they have to receive it and process for 3-5 days and THEN they will ship out a replacement. Going on 2 weeks without being able to use a brand new headset - super weak showing on their part. 

Will update if the new controller fixes it.

ggunhouse
Level 2
I have the same issue. Tried all suggested solutions. Nothing solves the problem. Would be nice if it turned out to be a hardware issue, but, from what I've seen in these forums, that's not likely to be the case. Looking forward to a fix, but am not hopeful. Had a better experience with DK2 and CV1.

GortySmalls
Level 3
It is their software but they won't admit to it. I have reinstalled app several times (getting old by the way) also returned the controllers and got a couple of well they wanna say new ones but who knows and this problem still occurs. It is now 11/8/2019 and still having this issue.It gets old to have to go into ask manager to completly shut down all their software just to get everything to completely shut down but just to start it up again the next day and wtf my right battery is almost dead and nothing should have been on at all. I even replaced the batteries again and then shut my pc down got up the next day and wouldn't you know it a half dead right controller battery. Geezus do something about this already.