cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luckey is fixing Rifts Earphone issues....for FREE.

Digikid1
Level 12
43 REPLIES 43

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I've not had this problem but I can appreciate a nicely designed fix and this looks like that. Free too, for anyone outside of warranty, how often does that happen!

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

snowdog
Level 15
Very cool of him to do this!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

cybernettr
Level 9
I once purchased a replacement earphone from Oculus when the sound went out in one of them, as verified by transposing the left and right earphones, but now that I have two dead Rifts for replacement parts, a shortage of replacement earphones will not be a problem for me!  😕

Zenbane
Level 15
Palmer "I need attention" Luckey strikes again!

Mradr
Level 13

Zenbane said:

He is doing something for free and you say something like that? That seems a bit rude you know. 

Zenbane
Level 15

Mradr said:

Zenbane said:

He is doing something for free and you say something like that? That seems a bit rude you know. 

Some pot/kettle there, mister, considering how long you've spent on this forum spinning all Oculus news in to something negative. But that aside, yes. Palmer is always looking to do something to gain attention. He can't help himself.

Palmer publicly asks if he should save Altspace
https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-founder-try-save-altspacevr/

Palmer is all about publicity stunts. He's just a bored rich kid.

cybernettr
Level 9
Okay, Zenbane, now we need to see what YOU look like without your shirt on!  😄

falken76
Level 13

Zenbane said:

Weather he's seeking attention or not, I now have an option to fix my old rifts headphones so I can give it to someone else, I already got a replacement.  I didn't have that option a week ago...

cybernettr
Level 9
Falken76, you might want to hold onto your old Rift for a while, even if you have another one. They do wear out sometimes, and it's nice to have a backup.