cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSFS2020 Flashes Again

ghs22
Protege
As of the latest Rift S update, I am now getting flashes/spikes both visual and audio at the rate of one per three seconds continuously in all aircraft, day and night. The day before, I would get a flash about once per 5 minutes. The sim has become unusable until Oculus addresses this issue.
70 REPLIES 70

Blarius144
Explorer

I opted out of beta to fix it. Now the software has updated again and the flashes are back. 

payt69
Protege

Same here, the **bleep** flashes are back since the update (V26), and there is no other version to escape to..

Not sure if complaining about it here helps, since nobody who could do anything about it seems to be reading this, or at least they aren't responding. Maybe we should prod some Microsoft peeps to go after the Oculus peeps to solve this.

Flerb456
Honored Guest

Disabling beta worked to get rid of the problem in MSFS, I fixed it just yesterday. Then they released that beta onto us as an official update and the problem is back exactly as described above. I'm on a Quest 2. The problem is obviously within the Oculus App Version 26.1.0.41.502

merops
Honored Guest

Same here. Unusable. Quest 2 MSFS2020. Was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it was the MS update or the Oculus update.

YoLolo69
Trustee

I have currently an open ticket with the MSFS support team with the video I posted showing the issue and they answered they investigate and work on this issue. So we have hope at least on MSFS side.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabling Beta won't work anymore as that broken Beta has become the new update 26. And it's now been forced out there. So everything broken again.

TheUKDave
Honored Guest

It a bit worrying that the current beta doesn't fix the issue ... so who knows when a fix might actually come.

TheUKDave
Honored Guest

I am legitimately looking at alternative headsets right now.  I can't believe 'sofa tracking' was pushed out at the cost of this.

geoff.critcher
Honored Guest

Was a big Rift S fan and was working great in MSFS but now looking at the Reverb as VR impossible for the flight sim now. 

Sven-85
Honored Guest

Same here. Rift S, RTX 3070. Had those flashes a few weeks ago, then they disappeared, and today they returned worse than ever.