cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSFS2020 Flashes Again

ghs22
Protege
As of the latest Rift S update, I am now getting flashes/spikes both visual and audio at the rate of one per three seconds continuously in all aircraft, day and night. The day before, I would get a flash about once per 5 minutes. The sim has become unusable until Oculus addresses this issue.
70 REPLIES 70

nzcraigwilson
Explorer

I just received a new beta update and straight after a driver update, so far no flashes at all!!

EDIT: Flew for a couple of hours, not one flash Version: 27.0.0.27.507

This is great news, but what do you mean by a driver update?

I've found a hacky way to downgrade my oculus desktop software to v24, and it fixes the problem, although I did have a bunch of CTDs this evening when in flight sim.  No idea if it's related or not, it could be something else.  But I'd much rather get back onto official software regardless.

By switching the Beta option on a download and update will be triggered.

Then you should see v.27 as the current version.

A quick test flight in MSFS produced not a single video glitch.

Just hope it's fixed when I try a more comprehensive flight tomorrow.

A big thanks to the Oculus guys for pushing out the fix so quickly.

merops
Honored Guest

Also re-enabled beta option to trigger update. Quick 10 minute flight and no flashes. Looks like it may be fixed.

YoLolo69
Trustee

Just tested 15mn and all is fine with Oculus Beta 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507)! no more "flash", That's great!

It was possibly something wrong in the OpenXR implementation, as some fixed the issue yesterday by switching to OpenXR from SteamVR. So now it's perfect!

Thanks Oculus Team! 🙂

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop thanking the Oculus team. They had a known faulty Beta version 26 and still put it out!! By mistake. You'll probably find version 27 is Version 24 again renamed. Hence done in a day.

YoLolo69
Trustee

I don't care what they did, the problem is fixed by an Oculus update, so yes I thanks them a bunch!

Even if a dev create a bug, it's a mistake, nothing wanted. So yes I thank him when he fix it, that's the minimal.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

NAC2405
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue on my rift s and quest 2 .

finally get them both up and running nice and smooth and them ...bam!

Check the version number of your Oculus Software on the General tab settings at the very bottom. If you still on v26.x select the beta flag in the Beta tab menu. The new good version is : Oculus 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507)

Thanks again Oculus, It's just a game at the end of the day so need to get bitter and twisted lol