cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift S was working flawlessly for a week until 15 hours ago.

KopfschussTV
Honored Guest
24 hours ago I was playing Beat Saber like I've been since the release of my Rift S.  I put it away and woke up this morning to the same black screen issues that everyone was having at the beginning.  I have been using my Rift for 5-10 hours every day without any problems whatsoever until now.  I spent all day today trying out the different remedies and nothing has worked.  I even tried plugging my Rift S into another computer that I have and it cannot get past the sensor checkup during the startup.  I even completely reformatted my main computer with my RTX 2070 and it has problems with the sensor/usb/display port.

Something is fishy with these Rift S 's.  I have submitted a ticket with the logs and hopefully get some answers soon.  I'm going to return it if it doesn't get fixed quickly.
6 REPLIES 6

antitrust42
Expert Protege
yeah this product run ramdonly, i'm scare with, i return it soon

KopfschussTV
Honored Guest
I'm curious if anyone else had their Oculus join the choir of problems after several days of no issues?

Lesynn
Honored Guest
I had several problems from the beginning.
- Random black screen when putting the headset on (screen stays off) 
- Screen turned on when putting the headset on but all i saw were 3 dots as a loading animation (it would never stop loading)
- When i put the headset on, all i saw was static noise but WITH the oculus windows, of course guardian wasnt working anymore
- Controller werent tracked correctly anymore (They were attached to my head virtually, i could rotate them and could still point onto things, but i couldnt move them away from my head)

All of these things either happened immediately after i turned on my pc, started the oculus software and put on the headset, or started after i put it away after using it for a while (1-2 hours) and then put it back on after like 3 hours. (PC was on the whole time, oculus software wasnt closed)

BUT i was able to resolve the issues temporarily when i restarted the Oculus Services twice (sometimes more times) It would last until i either restarted my pc, or put the headset away again for a few hours

In the end i decided to get a refund on my oculus rift s until its clear if the problems are software or hardware related.

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege

Lesynn said:

- Screen turned on when putting the headset on but all i saw were 3 dots as a loading animation (it would never stop loading)
- When i put the headset on, all i saw was static noise but WITH the oculus windows, of course guardian wasnt working anymore
- Controller werent tracked correctly anymore (They were attached to my head virtually, i could rotate them and could still point onto things, but i couldnt move them away from my head)

All of these things either happened immediately after i turned on my pc, started the oculus software and put on the headset, or started after i put it away after using it for a while (1-2 hours) and then put it back on after like 3 hours. (PC was on the whole time, oculus software wasnt closed)

BUT i was able to resolve the issues temporarily when i restarted the Oculus Services twice (sometimes more times) It would last until i either restarted my pc, or put the headset away again for a few hours

In the end i decided to get a refund on my oculus rift s until its clear if the problems are software or hardware related.

Sounds like my story. First day all was fine and 2 friend played Beat Saber until morning. Then problems, next I was able to get mine working for 2 days (4h each) and since then never. Loose tracking is the worst thing BUT the support-team is very busy in my case and answers coming 2-3 times a day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lesynn said:

Sounds like my story. First day all was fine and 2 friend played Beat Saber until morning. Then problems, next I was able to get mine working for 2 days (4h each) and since then never. Loose tracking is the worst thing BUT the support-team is very busy in my case and answers coming 2-3 times a day.

You are lucky, I am running days in between responses.

KopfschussTV
Honored Guest
Thank you all for the responses.  It almost sounds like a hardware issue.  It seems strange for us to have it work without issues until a few days later.  I've noticed the USB cord feels really hot and wonder if anything received permanent damage from usage.