cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO REPLACEMENTS

ADHDVision
Honored Guest

Oculus really screwed some of the VR community over with no controller replacement and or replacement parts for some of their products... 

Why even have the offer up in the first place if you guys weren't planning on doing it long-term... 

Hate when their **bleep** is limited edition... this companies terrible at making good decisions and I can't tell if I should blame Facebook, Oculus, or myself for buying this and not going with Valve Index...

4 REPLIES 4

Sku77s
Protege

It gets even worse when you realize they are offering replacement headsets that they no longer produce and are out of stock.

Oculus is starting to look like a seasonal VR company as the devices so far only are supported for that particular season.

As a long time gamer the devices I purchase I want to remain in working order for similar lifespans of  the other similarly priced components in my pc: 6-8 years roughly.

Oculus appears to be making half-lifed 'console' vr, ergo sub 3-year support cycle, limited to no parts or accessories, and lastly and most importantly to this point of 'seasonal console' vr no more dedicated pc branch.

Honestly even if my rift S gets working again I will probably to make it the last Oculus purchase I make, if I spend 400 dollars on something I expect to be able to purchase a replacement parts two years later simple as that.

TheFishPuncher
Protege

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the fact that they actually did this, or the fact that they have the audacity to tell people this in private on support tickets, refuse to acknowledge it publicly, and then try to save face on their own forums by trying make comments making it seem like that's not the case.

Edit: Hey support if you read this, 20 bucks riding on the fact that you still won't do anything 😉 I'll put it toward my new non-oculus headset fund, lmao.

Their own comment on the forums even went as far as to directly contradict what I was told in my support ticket. They claim to be "looking for a resolution" at the same time over email there is no solution being offered, just "sorry you're out of warranty, want to repeat the whole set of troubleshooting steps again?"

If you're going to drop support, at least respect your community and customers enough to say it instead of 2 faced B.S.

As far as support goes I think i've rooted out the cause of the recent three dot error that has struck many people. and oculus is ignoring me and "looking through our previous chats to see how they can assist."

ERR_UNKNOWN_USER
Honored Guest

As per the previous comments, I too am rather disgruntled that Oculus/Facebook sold me a Rift S with a 2 year warranty and now, after less than 6 months it is useless because the replacement cable are discontinued. I am surprised that it is even legal, I will no be buying anything from Oculus / Facebook again.