cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to VR with Rift

webdesigner
Honored Guest
Hi, Everybody.
I just bought my first Oculus Rift. So far I've enjoyed only the satin like box (: 
During the installation I've received a message that my video card NVidia 920mx is not supported, hence I need
a new PC...
I liked this one:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R8ZP, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, 3.70 GHz, 15.6, Full HD, IPS, 120Hz, 8GB, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, No OS, Black

The problem is that it has a built-in AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
As I know if it has two VGA's (as it is with my current situation) I could stuck in the same swamp. Will the installation process recognize the more powerful card?
Тhanks in advance for any help!
WebDesigner.
4 REPLIES 4

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer
Yes it will recongnize it., Just make sure it is connected to the Geforce GTX 1650. Also make sure your power supply is strong enough for the new Graphic card, If not replace it. They dont cost much these days. All will be good. The specs on the computer you found are fine for Vr, Intregrated graphic cards take a back seat when a new one is installed and used

webdesigner
Honored Guest
Thank you very much for the quick response.
Today I asked in a local computer store and they answered that it will not work because this video card is not on the official list of Oculus. I told them that the list had minimum requirements, and they replied that the choice and risk was mine. I almost turned to one Alienware on Ebay... 😕

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer

Thank you very much for the quick response.
Today I asked in a local computer store and they answered that it will not work because this video card is not on the official list of Oculus. I told them that the list had minimum requirements, and they replied that the choice and risk was mine. I almost turned to one Alienware on Ebay... 😕

Please don't miss understand, It will run VR Games but it is not the best to do it with. The 1660 Ti or higher is a better choice. I use a 1060 6Gb and I am able to play everything so far and I am playing some intense games like Axel Half Life on it.. The rest of the specs on your computer you found are good. You would want to upgrade the card sooner or later but it is enough to get you started. it is just an entry-level card for VR games, so theoretically it might not be the best Go TO card for VR games but certainly yes, the games might be runnable but you might end up playing with low FPS

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer