cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound Output, but Windows detects a constant noise

VrCidcid
Level 2

I'm having an issue with sound on my Rift S.

Frequently when starting up the Oculus app, I get a "No Headset Audio" notification. Unplugging and replugging in the USB cable seems to resolve this notice, but it does not resolve the audio issue. No audio can come from the headset, either via its speakers or if headphones are plugged into the jack. Windows plays audio fine through standard speakers, however.

The oddest thing here is that while the headset can't seem to output any audio, Windows appears to show as it's getting a constant 50% volume sound coming through the device from nowhere:Oculus Volume Mixer.png

I've fully purged the Oculus app from my system, I've completely wiped my PC in an attempt to reset things, all to no avail. What steps do I take next?

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there,

We see you're having some audio issues with your Rift S. We are going to dig deeper into this with you, but to do that we'd like you to submit your Oculus Logs with us. Please contact us here: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport and then add the following in your ticket:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support response.