cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS these designs are needed. The Software DEVs are a huge let down for basics.

Anonymous
Not applicable
INSTALL WITH ANTIVIRUS OFF - why fail to tell us this which can cause us issues or it not matters and should never be in OS folder?
INSTALL TO NONE-OS FOLDER OR 2nd DRIVE/PARTITION  - else Game Updates will fail due to Windows Permissions
INSTALLATION PROGRESS BAR  - it does not tell us how long it has left to complete and seems to look as if it is hanging! - Fixed by Sharing Folder I think.
RIFT S: CONNECT USB FIRST, WAIT 5SECS THEN CONNECT DP
- it must be like that so say so!
ADD STRAFE IN HOME 
- 700 Votes in UserVoice got deleted OR User closed account waiting 4yrs!
ADD AN ONLINE FRIENDS LOBBY
- ideally the STORE?
BATTERY POWER OFF STATE FOR TOUCH - or do these always stay ON to detect the Button Press to AWAKE?
AUDIO VOLUME GO HIGHER - by removing Limiter from 50% Threshold to only Peaks at 100% as designed to? Although I read it is better in 1.38
ADD KEY BIND FOR PASS-THROUGH MODE - not only a Touch Button
ADD A MIX PASS-THROUGH OVERLAY FEATURE - like WMR which is better to find drinks on the desk
IS THE FACE GUARD WASHABLE AND LASTS YEARS OF USE - Why not contract VRCover?
USE COMMON SENSE IN GOOD DESIGN
MAKE ALL OCULUS TASKS STOP WHEN CLOSING APP
MAKE THIS FORUM'S SUPPORT SECTION OFFICIAL AND PROVIDE GOOD HELP
PIN THE USERVOICE ON THE FORUM PAGE
- it gets ignored anyways but that is your answer to post there
8 REPLIES 8

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
MAC_MAN86 said:

INSTALL TO NONE-OS FOLDER OR 2nd DRIVE/PARTITION  - else Game Updates will fail due to Windows Permissions
This is already a thing. You can easily change the default location of your game library.
https://support.oculus.com/177556682988320/

Slightly more advanced, but you can also change the drive which the Oculus software installs to:
https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't mean Game Directory as most would and should be using a 2nd Drive anyways rather than hog the OS Drive which needs plenty space to perform it's monthly data cycle.

Oculus Install, yes but by the time you need that info you already spent far too long trying to fix issues.

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
Took me seconds to find the information. Probably took you longer to write about it.

jab
Rising Star

Took me seconds to find the information. Probably took you longer to write about it.

And that makes it ok how? This is supposed to be a finished commercial product.

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
At least they give you the option and a supported method of doing it. Windows has never let you move your user folder from your system drive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Daft lad LOL. You'd rather go through all the trouble shooting whilst some Games will stop updating and have to remove/reinstall Oculus huh. You are just so daft and even dafter to not see it needs addressing in the first instance. It is not only caused by Games being in the OS folders (although would be daft) but the Oculus APP being within one. Even dafter that you'd use C: Drive in the first place considering it has needed to get by Windows Permission and has needed much reinstalling to troubleshoot issues thus leaving a mess in the registry. SteamVR APP just simply works and can be just easily installed onto a 2nd Drive. You really don't any idea I have which worries me. You really should open up and accept that things should be better designed and are not intended to make us geeks. Life has more to it than that. Join me and be one of us 😉 (i.e. to not be a geek and be free to use plug n play 1st time always)

Anonymous
Not applicable
* The install now shows a PROGRESS BAR and didn't before perhaps due to not Sharing that Oculus Folder!
(or is just the latest update being well designed to show us)

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
The daft lad is the one that doesn't use the provided method to install to another drive, when that is something that they are concerned about and want to achieve. I did, so after a 10 second Google for the information, my first and only installation was to my dedicated games drive. RTFM.