cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 3 dots and controllers in ground

TopazV
Explorer

I just got back on my oculus to discover one firmware update and two driver updates. I did all of these, and all was working well for some time. I unplugged and replugged my oculus because my mic wasnt working, and the entire thing went to a static screen. I fixed this, but then was greeted with the three dots loading sign, and my controllers stuck in the ground. The controllers still work, they can aim and click, but they are stuck in the ground. When I bypass the guardian, the headset says something went wrong and that it cant track anything. I've tried everything I can find. Update drivers, power managment for usbs, camera permissions, headset cord, usb switching, redownloading oculus, repairing oculus, nothing works. If there is anything that you may know to help, please share it. I'm thinking about ripping the whole thing open and trying to do something, anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TopazV
Explorer

For anyone that finds this, as of now there is still no way to fix this, and oculus has yet to come back and respond to me. I ended up buying a quest 2 because they obviously care a lot more for those users than rift s users. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having same issue.. literally exactly.  Done all of what you said as well.  Re-installed application and removed all files, update all USB drivers, camera options, attempted every USB port on my system, unticking the power options for USB, I have no idea.

TopazV
Explorer

Don't know if your still having this problem but don't get anything power related, its not the issue. I sent oculus my full logs like 5 days ago and they still haven't responded with any solution to the problem. I've kinda given up at this point, but good luck to fixing yours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, still having issue.  Also waiting on Oculus to get back with me, been two days now but they said 3-5 and that their team hasn't "seen this before".  Little hard to believe when multiple people have been running into this problem since earlier this year when the update blacklisted certain USB software.

420inPortland
Expert Protege

Also been having that issue for months, went as far as to get an RMA for my headset but the problem persists, and now I have started having crashes both when using Oculus store-based games as well as Steam games. Even having crashes from Oculus home without any games running at all. Have all but given up for the moment, seems to be something related to either their software or conflicts with certain USB chipsets on particular MBs. Mine worked perfectly fine for a couple of months before the issue crept up though, and I am almost certain it's their software. Considering they just formally stopped supporting Rift S, I wonder if I made a grave mistake when I purchased one less than 6mo ago. I would really like to try reinstalling older Drivers but there is no way to do that as far as I am aware.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

TopazV
Explorer

For anyone that finds this, as of now there is still no way to fix this, and oculus has yet to come back and respond to me. I ended up buying a quest 2 because they obviously care a lot more for those users than rift s users. 

If this is the case then I want my $300 back or an exchange for a Quest 2. I was only able to play with mine for a week before I got this stupid bug

I too bought one recently and am mighty cheesed off about it.  £300 down the pan and endless problems.  And no, I'm certain they won't be bothering to fix this issue.

Peenman2
Explorer

Has anyone seen a solution to the 3 dots and controllers in the ground yet?

Nope. I also managed to get V24 of their software installed, and the problem persists. So that means it's something in the firmware more than likely, and still no fixes. I keep my eye on the forums weekly and there are SOOOOO many folks with these same issues, but no action from Oculus yet. I started another support ticket, maybe since I've had an RMA they will be able to eliminate that as a variable, and **bleep**IN' DO SOMETHING TO FIX THE PAPERWEIGHT I BOUGHT FOR $400 6mo AGO !!!!!!! Will keep the forums appraised of what I hear, but it generally takes about 2 weeks to get a response to any msg even with an active ticket.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop