cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App Update issues

heyskull
Honored Guest

My Oculus App downloaded an update today 2/March/2021.

Now it will not function.

Comes up in the headset with an orange light but shows three flashing dots.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the oculus app which works perfectly until the latest update is installed.

SC

149 REPLIES 149

SteveyLou
Explorer

I noticed there was a new beta update today and I've just given it a try. Still the same orange light / 3 blinking dots problem 😢

It's almost made worse by the fact I can hear apps like Oculus Home when putting the headset on. Tonight I even got a trophy for visiting Oculus Home even though I could only see the 3 blinking dots.

I haven't tried rolling back to v25 yet but I'll do that next.

420inPortland
Expert Protege

You can't roll back their drivers  😞    I had the 3 dot issue a few months ago, I had to manually scrub the registry of ALL oculus files, THEN reinstall Oculus software and got it going again.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop 

According to all the support email I got from Oculus,(there are plenty) the only adaptor they support is the one included in the box your kit came in. No aftermarket adaptors are supported.

I did that also, to no joy. I did regedit and that took a long time. Re-booted, installed the software from Oculus.

The firmware is the issue and Oculus ":did" acknowledge that fact to me in a support email. 

We all just have to wait and "hope" the new firmware will solve these and all problems since late Feb. 2021. 

I haven't tried the old version because I know that it works, but I play very little recently, so I prefer to wait for the problem to be fixed rather than wasting a lot of time for a temporary solution.
Before this latest beta I had tried a clean installation of windows on another hard drive but it didn't work under any circumstances.
At this point I think that it is not a problem even of the usb driver but simply that the oculus is blocked, when the software finds hardware potentially under the requirements.

thath's the problem, checking and found what oculus have changed after v25.

As @Keno51 said, oculus seem know thath issue and try to fixing. Waiting or fixing and have oculus work is personal choice. i'm pretty new on this hardware,my oculus have 2weeks,so i preferred rollback and get it work again.

i hope fix come in little time. cross finger.

Turbonerokf
Protege

Hello, do you have any news?

Keno51
Protege

Solved: For me anyway. Oculus Rift works perfectly now. Even better now. I still am using my XFX Black Edition RX480 8 gb GPU card. I think the whole issue is that if your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements with the last firmware update in February, then it won't work. I  guess they really pushed the minimum specs with the last firmware update. Wonder if they (Facebook) have a hand in all this for people for buy new computers. Who knows.  Here is what I did, I did a long overdue upgrade to my gaming computer. Solved.

I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory from the ASUS P6T mobo, i7990 and the DDR3 triple kit. I was past due for an upgrade for many years now. I am in a financial position to do so. Upgrade to a ASUS PRIME B460-PLUS LGA 1200 Intel B460 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard,

Intel Core i9-10900F Comet Lake 10-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1200 and 64GB's of CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Intel XMP 2.0 Memory Kit Model and a newer water cooler for my CPU

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB Close-Loop CPU Liquid Cooler, 120mm Radiator, Dual Chamber RGB...

I wouldn't hold my breath on what the tech replied to me. He may have been just been trying to get rid of me in the support chain. Pulling my chain more like it.

Drakeos99
Explorer

So it's SOFTWARE Issues that causing this effect ?