cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App Update issues

heyskull
Honored Guest

My Oculus App downloaded an update today 2/March/2021.

Now it will not function.

Comes up in the headset with an orange light but shows three flashing dots.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the oculus app which works perfectly until the latest update is installed.

SC

149 REPLIES 149

anyone errors like this in Logfile:?

04/03 20:08:32.693 {!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Failed to construct channel for winusb,2833,ff,89
04/03 20:08:32.693 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
Code: -6100 -- ovrError_XRStreamingGeneralIssue
Description: Failed to construct channel for winusb,2833,ff,89
OVRTime: 18.542497
Time: 2021-03-04 20:08:32 [693:421:900]

syncspeed
Protege

I've got a lot of different things going on in my logfile, but yes it does include a number of times the lines:

[xrstreaming] Failed to construct channel for winusb,2833,ff,89

[Kernel:Error] OVR Error:

I also had a lot of instances of:

[OAF ERROR] software\oculussdk\pc\oaf\liboaf\library\library.cpp(537) : Missing entitlement for [15-16 digit number that changes between several values] (1971031) OVR6139226

Last night, when the latest update kicked in, I see a lot of modules reporting:

[PackageManager] Upgrade failed, package version mispatch for [various modules] after an upgrade. Current version: 25.0.0.57.658 (1611030680), expected version: 26.1.0.41.502 (1614295327)

Today (headset hasn't worked all day) I've seen hundreds of instances of:

[KMHal] [TrackingHal] Failed to load tracking capabilities.
[KMHeadsetPlugin] Failed to start HMD device.

As I type this my Oculus app has just started another update, so fingers crossed this includes a hotfix?...

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

I managed to solve problem and get it work again.

So oculus in this update have blacklisted many usb 3.0 driver.

You need to revert all oculus software and firmware to precedent version, then bloc oculus in your host file.

Google "oculus rift s downgrade" to see solutions.

which of the many solutions did you choose? I was looking at the first one, the Reddit one. 

Reddit have removed instructions, I found all needed passage and download by paste reddit thread title in Google.

Actually I'm not on pc, if have more trouble reply here, I'll made a post with correct passage tomorrow.

Unfortunately I,ve reinstalled my PC.....no old driver in the new system.

So i took my rift to a friend and tested on his PC.......the headset worked.

I ordered a PCI-E USB card today. This will hopefully fix the problem and i can use the new drivers without blocking oculus.....

I will report wenn card is here....

I'm going down to my computer place and getting a new card as well. 

syncspeed
Protege

@thorsten.anrecht and @markc230 good luck to you both. What USB port were you using so far? Was it one on the motherboard, on an expansion card or on an external hub? (I've been trying my motherboard USB 3.0 ports which have a native Windows 10 driver).

@DevilKkw please could you add the instructions you used? I really don't want to go through the rollback procedure but it might be helpful.

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

As promised, this is guide i've followed,and fixed in some point:

pastebin(dot)com/ZCgyygE7

Change (dot) in . and paste link in browser.

Sorry, but instruction have some link for download,and pasting here not allowed.

on step 8 where are those files coming from? The 2.1.1 version? 

I've tried two different usb cards so far, one 3.0 and an other 3.1 gen 2 and no luck getting rid of the orange light