cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus-App-Version 1.40 and 1.41 - Updating problems

Falcon109
Honored Guest
Hello,

I have two computers and I use the Oculus Rift S on both.

Computer #1 runs Win 10 Pro 1903, Oculus-App-Version 1.40.0.293696 (1.40.0.293696) (fresh Win&App installation since I got the Rift S)
Computer #2 runs Win 10 Home 1903, Oculus-App-Version 1.41.0.290985 (1.41.0.290985) (old Win&App installation, using the Rift CV1 before on this PC)

When I connect the Rift S to Computer #1 it want to install a new firmware, here version 1.8.1.
When I connect the Rift S to Computer #2 it want to install a new firmware, here version 2.0.0.

WHY? I'am not able to update Computer #1 to the Oculus-App-Version 1.41.

How can I solve the problem with the firmware updates/downgrades?

Thanks for your help.

Flc
6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Why don't you just use the same stable software version (currently 1.40)?  Maybe I'm missing something?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably wants to try one version on one PC, and the other on another.
Which afaik can not be done without his issue on the same Oculus account and device.

Falcon109
Honored Guest
The Problem is, you can just download a "OculusSetup.exe". You got no choice for a version. I'm not able to update the lower version. Automatic update in the app don't do it.
Short: I'm not able to get the same version on both PC's.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I guess that's because you have different hardware on each PC.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Falcon109 said:

The Problem is, you can just download a "OculusSetup.exe". You got no choice for a version. I'm not able to update the lower version. Automatic update in the app don't do it.
Short: I'm not able to get the same version on both PC's.

What?
There are only two versions.
Release version which is currently 1.40
Public Test Channel - version 1.41, which is currently only an opt in choice.

So you must have opted in to the PTC  on one computer, and not on the other.
You can opt out of the PTC by deselecting in the Beta tab, or you can opt in on the other computer and get PTC on it also.

Falcon109
Honored Guest
Public Test Channel is deactivated on both systems. 😞 And IIRC, I never set it active in the past.