cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Black screen Rift S

MatthysLaubscher
Honored Guest

I have a black screen on my Oculus Rift S during the setup step where you are told to put on the headset to continue the setup process. I have tried to reinstall Oculus. plugged all the cables out and back in and restarted my computer. I have had no problems in the passed 3 years or so, any help?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, MatthysLaubscher! A black screen isn't what any of us want to stare at while we're trying to get our game on. Let's take a closer look at that and get you back into VR!

To get started, here is a link that shows one possible fix. If that's doesn't get your display up and running, please reach out here to let us know in a chat or email. Your Meta Store Support team is standing by to assist!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Baccano_JoJo
Honored Guest

Hi Bro, if u r AMD radeon user, I highly recommand you to update your AMD's driver to the latest one. Upon me case, all status of connect is green in Oculus device interface but always black screen (still has sound.). I give it a go with updating navida driver. ops...Not work. In the end, after I update the AMD driver to amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.2-win10-win11-may31, everything comes back to me. LOL