cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.30 (Rolling Out Now) Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • We added a bunch of new design updates for improved panel navigation, management, as well as a more consistent visual treatment.
    • Experiments Panel: A new experiments panel has been added to the Settings menu. From here you can try new features and product experiments (all features here are subject to change):
      • Wrist Watch: once enabled, your left wrist will display the time when Dash is up. If you pin the watch, it will display on your wrist in Home and in all apps.
      • Pullout Panels: Press A + Grip and pullout individual app windows from Oculus Desktop and place them anywhere.
      • Remove Panel Footer: this setting removes the visual controls (chrome) on all Dash panels.
    • Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
  • Oculus Home
    • Improved graphics card support for panel streaming: The ability to stream your desktop content directly to displays in your Home is now supported across additional graphics cards.
    • Summer Furniture : A new collection of 10 assets that fit a tropical summer theme. Objects include:
      • Lustrous Palm
      • Beach Read
      • Florence the Flamingo
      • Summertime Recliner
      • Summertime Umbrella
      • Surfboard
      • One Swan-a-Swimming Floatie
      • Buddy Bear Floatie
      • Sidewinding Serpent Floatie
      • Shabby Sharkhead
    • Tutorial Improvements: Tutorials for new users should now be easier to manage with the addition of lessons in your Home settings menu. In the Interface section of settings, each section of Home tutorials is available to start individually, giving you quick access to the information you need. In addition, you can now dismiss an individual tutorial at any point in the process.
  • Oculus Desktop App
    • Improvements to Unknown Sources: The ability to bulk import applications, as well as re-add previously removed applications via your Library. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
115 REPLIES 115

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Digikid1 said:

Has anyone else had gift boxes that don’t have anything in them?  Happened to me a few times. Grab it and throw it and.....nothing. 

From what I understand, you still get the items in your inventory. It's just an issue with the animation showing.

@cybereality 

is there any update at all on being able to open mulitple (all?) boxes in 1 go as an option.  it really is painful when you have months worth to open, or are you guys happy with it as it is for the "experience" of opening stuff (in which case i dont think i will bother personally)

thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digikid1 said:

Has anyone else had gift boxes that don’t have anything in them?  Happened to me a few times. Grab it and throw it and.....nothing. 

From what I understand, you still get the items in your inventory. It's just an issue with the animation showing.

@cybereality 

is there any update at all on being able to open mulitple (all?) boxes in 1 go as an option.  it really is painful when you have months worth to open, or are you guys happy with it as it is for the "experience" of opening stuff (in which case i dont think i will bother personally)

thanks

This would be nice. I will oftentimes go weeks without checking them, and then I have many to get through which takes quite a bit of time. 

HiFiPotato
Honored Guest

@Taomyn : It did stop working for some people though (including myself).

Greetings!

Apologies for the confusion. Due to how we are handling window pullouts for Oculus Desktop, most laptops will not have the necessary open graphics ports required to support it. This isn't a new change, but this explains the orange triangle exclamation point when pulling out a window. 

Hope this clarifies things, we are working to make this more understandable. 

Danamir
Protege
I got the "auto-start on boot" bug also. Just submitted a feedback.

I see no new service / scheduled task / startup entry beside the usual ones, so I'm thinking sensor bug too.

It's pretty annoying since I boot my system from remote sometimes.

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

@cybereality 

thanks

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I stopped BETA back around 1.25 and it has often auto started for me upon Boot Up plus after a few times I try closing home. I put it down to the VRCover Insert I use as it seems the bit that clips in interferes with the Sensor. If I remove the Insert it's fine.

Now then, although some of you like new toys and switches to play/test around with there are a majority that would prefer to get the BEST FPS PERORMANCE WITH NO HOME LOADED. Is Oculus going to listen or what??? Fair is fair. It works and was proven to be much better so bring this on if you seriously care or are just a pack of biased wiz-kids working on crap all the time?

Oculus is more likely to listen if you give them feedback via the app's feedback function. If not using the app is the main method of objection then Oculus would simply decide on features based on what proportion of users use the beta compared with non-beta.

Right now I'd guess the vast majority have chosen beta and give their feedback as above. I personally see no FPS difference using beta, but I'm willing to do some serious testing and posts results to confirm.

YoLolo69
Trustee
I don't have any differences on FPS side in my games and sims using classic Home or the new under beta. Guess I'm lucky with my configuration (I7 3770K OC 4,5Ghz, GTX 1080 OC ~10%, 16GB RAM) ?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
In referernce to "BEST FPS PERORMANCE WITH NO HOME LOADED" this is in comparison to Run As Admin OculsVR.exe to avoid running the Home in Rift. It still provides you the desktop Home to select games etc. This was much better and felt like real life!

'Much better' being? do you have example FPS comparison for a game or preferably a few games? Well I guess I'm going to have to put some time aside and do a proper test.