cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 Right Eye No longer Displays

Weene0
Explorer

I got my Rift Used for about $100 USD, the headset was working fine as usual but today during a game the Right display had just randomly stopped working, no reason why but It seems like a common issue, Is this just from the ribbon cables getting loose or have the displays become faulty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Weene0, Typically this would be a failure of the display itself. The ribbon cable you are referring to would be for a audio issue with the headphones. However, this display issue can sometimes be caused by the headset cable but you will typically see if flicker/lines/dots all over the screen when the cable is moved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Weene0, Typically this would be a failure of the display itself. The ribbon cable you are referring to would be for a audio issue with the headphones. However, this display issue can sometimes be caused by the headset cable but you will typically see if flicker/lines/dots all over the screen when the cable is moved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Weene0
Explorer

That's Rather disappointing, I don't remember it all too well but i think i saw a small bit of flickers and dots.
I'll investigate on the cable and Let you know whether it may have been the display or the cable.

ohgrant
Superstar

Sorry for your loss if you find it was the HMD. I spotted one on Ebay just the HMD,  CV1 headset only for $89.  If it's the cord, it will probably be much more. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Weene0
Explorer

I gave up halfway through because of how complicated it was and also because there was barely any documentation on disassembly, I'll probably sell the rest of the equipment and save up on a much more recent HMD.