cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift CV1 cable

AliceLunaStar
Protege
Does anyone know where I could get a spare headset cable as I only have one left.  I still have a 2-year warranty on it as well and Oculus are unable to supply or let me buy one. 

Many thanks
18 REPLIES 18

AliceLunaStar
Protege

RuneSR2 said:

Out of nowhere, some dude just received a cable from Oculus ... What are the odds ...

01gsb9knoqro.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/i97xc8/just_received_a_free_cv1_cable_out_of_nowhere/

You're so lucky! 😞 looks like I'm stuck with mine......

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Out of nowhere, some dude just received a cable from Oculus ... What are the odds ...

01gsb9knoqro.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/i97xc8/just_received_a_free_cv1_cable_out_of_nowhere/

You're so lucky! 😞 looks like I'm stuck with mine......

It wasn't me, I've already got 2 working ones :blush:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

AliceLunaStar
Protege

RuneSR2 said:

It wasn't me, I've already got 2 working ones :blush:

I only have one left

ThatTechGuy
Protege
I contacted a cable company and asked them if they could make the cable at $25 per cable and thay said they could. They just need the specs from oculus and need to know if oculus still owns the rights to the specs. I told oculus support and oculus support told me they are looking into solutions and to keep an eye on their blog
AMD Ryzen 1800X | GYGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA GTX980 FTW |120GB SanDisk SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD | EVGA 850 GQ Power supply | Fractal Design Define S

AliceLunaStar
Protege

I contacted a cable company and asked them if they could make the cable at $25 per cable and thay said they could. They just need the specs from oculus and need to know if oculus still owns the rights to the specs. I told oculus support and oculus support told me they are looking into solutions and to keep an eye on their blog

I've heard from a very techy Youtuber that making an Oculus cable is impossible as it's a very complicated cable on the inside. 

MrRobotG
Expert Protege
There are some ok priced cables on ebay at the moment.

for example search for 293778048526

AliceLunaStar
Protege

MrRobotG said:

There are some ok priced cables on ebay at the moment.

for example search for 293778048526

Does work for me on Ebay UK

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Many local add sites have Oculus CV 1 for sale the CV1 and touch controllers some even have 3 sensors for like $300

Edit: just saw one $120 with 1 sensor like 10 minutes from where I live

Good old oculus rift cv1 with a new foam cover, extended cables, ceiling hooks and mount for room set up, with both fully functional controllers. It does come with both sensors but one is unfortunately non functional, poor bugger got broke during a move. It is still usable with one but I would recommend getting a second for a full room scale experience. This is a decent buy if your looking to get into vr on a budget. Cannot deliver, pickup only.
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

Yes worry about the cable and the fockers behind it.