cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Cable????

Cyborg_Riot
Honored Guest
It seems my oculus Rift Cable has gotten ruined, if someone could please comment links on where to get a new one that would be wonderful! 
14 REPLIES 14

Richooal
Consultant
If you really mean Rift (CV1), you're out of luck. The Rift is no longer supported by Oculus.

You can, however, buy a Rift S cable .... (bundled with a Rift S) to solve your problem. Happy spending!
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Megalithik
Expert Protege
eBay is the only place and it'll cost you upwards of $150.

falken76
Expert Consultant
Your Rift just turned into a paperweight unless you buy a replacement from the opportunists on ebay that are selling them for almost half the cost of a Rift S.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Awesome way to thank all the peoples who bought the first rifts, those who believed in them and were willing to send them their hard earned cash to build the oculus empire it is today with what 4 or 5 different headset now? That's how you see what kind of Co. it really is. Tell me, who with an original $600 rift that you cannot get parts for anymore is going to run and buy a rift S ?
Funny thing is that I bought a rift thinking this one you can get replacement parts for it, the Vive at the time you couldn't but now you can still get parts for the vive, you can even get the new Valve controllers to work with it. Oh well live and learn I guess
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

steeveoh
Honored Guest
@kobs57 Yep. My Rift Touch package arrived "new in box" with a ruined cable two years ago. I contacted Oculus and after some back and forth, they finally sent me a replacement cable.  I've enjoyed the content and put a couple thousand hours on my headset since then but had to do a self repair on the cable when it kinked up at the headset clip just like the first cable seemed to have (during testing or whatever happened before they sold it to me).  Now there's no replacement parts or support available.  Time to upgrade to 2nd gen VR.  Looks like I'll be swapping over to the Valve Index and likely will buy an extra cable for that while they're available.  Sorry Oculus, your product might be disposable, but my money is not.

Zkirtaem
Honored Guest
You can try fixing it, or order someone to do it for you. I've fixed mine after Oculus Support disappointed me massively and refused to give me - or even sell me - a replacement. Cable that usually breaks is composed of three hair thin wires, honestly quality of this cable makes me think it was planned obsolence, but it's definitely fixable. Cable usually breaks around clip, it twists there.

I'm never buying Oculus again. Dropping support after three years from release, and not even one year from since production ended. What a joke. I'd rather use Vive wands than give Oculus my money again.

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Zkir, you can get the Index controllers, they work with a Vive, personally I wouldn't buy the Vive wands either. Get the Vive headset and get pair of base station 2.0 and the controllers from Valve

EDIT: On second thought, All I could see were vive pro for sale and you'd be better off getting the Index kit for that price

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
 Quote:" Cable usually breaks around clip, it twists there."

I've fixed that problem with a 1/4 inch transparent tubing they sell everywhere. I opened it the length I needed got it over the cable (the ID dimension of the tubing is the OD of the cable) and I used electric tape over to tighten the tube over the cable. It doesn't twist anymore and the tubing keeps it from kinking/bending.
I did that from about an inch of the headset plug to about 6 inch after the clip of the headset, (old CV1) that's where my old cable broke from bending too much