cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift HDMI not detected.

Blank_009
Sightseer
Probably one of the most frequent issues that appear in the forums when referring to the Rift CV1 Headset . . . there is not an HDMI connection or the Oculus App fails to recognize the HDMI cable is connected. This is most likely a unique case. 

Recently (within the last couple weeks) I bought a graphics card (an additional RX 480) with the hope of running them together as one. Little did I know (or my lack of research) that most games as well as Oculus VR do not support multi-GPU programs such as Crossfire. When I enabled Crossfire, my computer actually became slower (it was disabled shortly after). After I solved all my issues with that mess, I realized that my Oculus Rift did not have a HDMI connection. And the hell-show begins. 

I tried all of the listed solutions: 
*Simply disconnecting the headset (HDMI and USB 3.0 ports) and reconnecting them. I even switched the ports to see if it was a failed HDMI/USB port. I did this with and without a display port adapter. 
*I restarted the app and the computer multiple times after making changes to software and hardware. 
*I made sure that all of my graphics and oculus drivers were up to date.
*I made sure that my Windows OS is up to date. 
*I uninstalled the Oculus App along with any app data and reinstalled it. 
* And I bought a new graphics card (with updated drivers) MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT

The only other clues that I can give is that my oculus headset shows up as a second display in the windows settings and as a monitor in the device manager tab. 
So whenever I put on my headset with or without the oculus app running, it displays as a monitor, so I could drag tabs over the the left/right and they would appear on my oculus

I have created a support ticket with the oculus support team, but it seems not to be going too far, so I was seeing if anyone in the forum may have any ideas while I wait on the team's response. 

headset. c6qzxbwtfhmv.png02pywi5a9b8w.pngxnmkiwc9m8hq.png
27 REPLIES 27

Edeji3000
Explorer

Hey i just wrote out a lengthy reply. Went to post it and Oculus asked if I wanted to login, naturally. Then my post disappeared. I'm having a VERY hard time with Oculus right now it seems. I basically said, Rift cable is probably **bleep**ed, it just happens. C3ord Cables are being made very soon, check them out, might be a fix for many of us, might not be also because Oculus be like:

"Rift... hmm rift I remember that name... Yes! Riii...fff...QUEST yes that's it, I only remember the word as QUEST yes Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further concerns! Have a great day ❤️ <3"

gravityalwayswins
Honored Guest

I have this *exact* same problem. I am going through beat saber withdrawals. Any way to fix this?

acarbonero
Honored Guest

is there no information as to how to fix this?

acarbonero
Honored Guest

So facebook no support, how can we look happy like the person on top? 

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

have the same issue no hdmi signal detected - but i plugged it in my friend pc new build and it works fine - i have i5 4670 and 980ti and no signal looks like it doest like older hardware now...

DGU.MR.CR0W.
Honored Guest

i'm using a abs battlestation 16 gig ram, nvidia rtx 3060, and it was working then it stopped, now it isn't reading hdmi

scottwdrummond
Honored Guest

Exact same issue here. 
I have cleaned out and reinstalled everything from scratch.
"no hdmi dtected" but can see the desktop on the rift - so the cable is working.
Windows 11 - Ryzen 7 3700X - 32Gb Ram - RTX 7900XTX 

I cant see any pattern on h/w or software when crawling the internet - must be an oculus software problem.

Update - works on my sons PC  - windows 10 gtx1080

Hey there, @scottwdrummond! We noticed that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some connection issues with your Rift HDMI. We know how disappointing it can be when you encounter those types of issues as they can really affect your overall experience, so we want to provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try! 

Please try the following:

1. Double check if your HDMI connector is actually inserted well into the HDMI port of your graphics card.
  2. Remove and re-insert your HDMI connector.
  3. Double check your HDMI connector and cable to see if there are issues with them (they’re bent, broken or such).
  4. Restart your PC.
  5. Update your graphics card drivers.
  6. Remove some of the devices that you have attached to your USB ports.
  7. Try using another HDMI port, if you have one. You can also try another graphics port, provided that you have an adapter.
  8. Try uninstalling and re-installing all the Oculus software.
  9. If the problem came out after some Windows or driver update, try rolling back these updates.

Please let us know if any of the above mentioned steps helped to resolve your issue. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!