cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S - Thunderbolt 4 Connection Issues

ToastedRichy
Level 4

Hey there guys, I've been inactive for quite a while.

Recently I got a new laptop, I used to have a desktop with an Intel Core i7-1700KF and an RX 580 8GB with 32GB RAM. Now I have an Intel Core i7-11370H with an RTX 3060 6GB GPU and 8GB of RAM (planning to upgrade to 32GB).

Before ordering the laptop, I made sure that there was at least some way to connect my laptop to my oculus, and I found out that there are USB 3.2 Ports and also a Thunderbolt 4 port (The Thunderbolt 4 Port is capable of DisplayPort passthrough)

I have a Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) to DisplayPort adapter, and after waiting ten seconds for the USB Connection to Initialise via the Oculus App, I plugged in the USB C to DisplayPort with the Oculus connected.

The USB 3 Connection does initialise in the app, with a green tick, but when I plug in the Oculus Rift S' DisplayPort, there is nothing at all.

Here are some pictures:

Screenshot 2021-07-08 232023.pngScreenshot 2021-07-08 232028.png

Note: When I connect the Thunderbolt DisplayPort, the windows device connection sound plays and the screen flickers. Nvidia Control Panel also detects the Rift S as "TV"

Could this be a problem because the Thunderbolt 4 DisplayPort passthrough is via the laptop's iGPU?

Are there any workarounds for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ToastedRichy
Level 4
6 REPLIES 6

ToastedRichy
Level 4

Also, If anyone needs the model, it is an ASUS TUF 2021 DASH F15 - 8GB RAM & RTX 3060 6GB Edition

ToastedRichy
Level 4

Iceberg73
Level 2

Can you share how this was resolved, I am having the same issue.

Datz73
Level 2

das würde mich auch interessieren. mir geht es genauso...

Arreis91
Level 2

I have the same issue anyone have a solution?

fragin
Level 3

This is the #1 response on Google and he didn't link a solution!