cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S tracking issues

Exce55ion
Honored Guest
So I've had the Oculus Rift S since the 23rd (I preordered it) and I ordered it for the purpose of playing high level beatsaber maps/competing for top spots in the game. However, 5 hours into the game and I'm having trouble beating any Expert + maps due to the fact that the tracking will constantly "blackout" leaving my saber stuck in the down position after swinging.  It will still rotate when I move my wrist but it won't move for a few seconds and in difficult maps this consistently leads to failure.  Is there any known fix for this or is the tracking on this version of the Oculus actually just this bad?  It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of returning it.  I have tried bypassing the settings that causes my PC to turn off power to the USB 3.0 port if it is trying to save energy, and I've tried several other fixes including double checking the cables and new batteries but nothing has worked so far.  It also seems that the new controllers have significantly less options for useful grips that won't eventually give me carpal tunnel, and as a percussionist this is also a major problem.  Thoughts?
12 REPLIES 12

traceyg1
Honored Guest
sounds like I am having the same issue as the rest of you...There's about a 2 second delay in my hands and head movements...how does one sign up for the firm ware fix? This has been going on with mine for almost a year...just packed er up when moving and it stayed that way...time to get it sorted out...

ThatGuyThimo
Honored Guest

This issue has jet to be fixed by oculus. 
The only thing that you can do right now is to either RMA the oculus rift s or wait for a firmware update.

All the other methods are unreliable
As it's not a permanent solution. 

I am personally waiting for a firmware update to fix the problem but this will probably take another month. 

In the meantime I hope some of you find a temporary solution for your oculus rift. 

Is the device defective or is it just firmware because mine barely wants to even turn on. And i'm having the tracking issue.

i don't know as oculus has not released a official statement.
but i think is is a mix of a hardware and software problem, and that it can be fixed by a software/firmware update.
but dont quote me on that.

AeroDude
Honored Guest
I own the Rift CV1 and purchased the Rift S a couple weeks ago.  After the initial software install and setup the Rift S worked great, no issues, then a week after the setup I started having USB and tracking issues.  I had also added extension cables for the Rift S and Windows 10 had been updated, so I wasn't sure what had caused the issue or if something else was going on.  After testing several configurations, restarting the Oculus and nothing having a lasting effect.  I finally plugged the USB connection into my powered Ankor USB hub, which also has all my sim controllers plugged into it, this made the difference, the USB error and tracking issues have been resolved.  I highly recommend using a powered USB hub, especially if you are using an extension cables.