cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift lenses are scratched.

Dewiii
Protege
My Oculus Rift lenses are scratched, I think its because of my glasses. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a great deal you can do to fix them now that they're scratched, but to stop them getting scratched any further get yourself some prescription lens inserts. The WidmoVR ones are the best ones available.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
risk replacing them or get a new one.... in all seriousness, I also wear glasses, but in vr I don't need them? surely I cant be the only person like that?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
No im the same I wear reading glasses but im fine in VR.
I am far sighted if that makes any difference.
WAAAGH!

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
I invested in the prescription lens inserts so I didn't never have this issue. However I do need them inside the rift because everything is more blurry without them

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Morgrum said:

No im the same I wear reading glasses but im fine in VR.
I am far sighted if that makes any difference.

It does, few far sighted people will need glasses because the rift has a focal length of about 1.5 meters.  So if you can see clearly at that long of a distance you do not need glasses.

I'm nearsighted, I can't focus beyond about 3", I could probably see the rift screen clearly without the lenses.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a great deal you can do to fix them now that they're scratched, but to stop them getting scratched any further get yourself some prescription lens inserts. The WidmoVR ones are the best ones available.

haydon_sheppard
Explorer
I am thinking of WidmoVR for my Go. I currently wear variofocals so I just need single vision I presume? What viewing distance should the optician be using. Any idea?

YoLolo69
Trustee
AFAIK you need to see clear at 1m50/2m for the Rift. Not sure about the Go...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

haydon_sheppard
Explorer
Thanks YoLolo69. I’m just surprised that Oculus currently can’t supply a definitive answer for the Go.