cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Starts but very shortly freezes allowing nothing but the power button off.

Peteradburn
Level 2

I have not used the headset for some time, and now have Windows 10 Home 21H1 build 19043.1023. Processor      i7-7700 3.60GHz 32 Gb RAM. GeForce GTX 1080. 

I see a number of other entries which appear to describe similar circumstances. I had thought the problem was that Oculus immediately starts downloading updates to Oculus which won't finish before the freeze. However I downloaded the repair and re-installed the software, giving me the most recent update, so that oculus doesn't have an oculus download to try to load, but instead it started to download Echo VR, and Bam!. same thing happened. I don't know how it did it, but today I found it seemed to have succeeded somehow in the Echo VR update, because it shows as finished. So no downloads are being attempted, but yet the same freeze occurs after approximately the same short interval. So I have nothing to go on except the possibility of the 21H1 update having an incompatibility.

Please help, I would be grateful for any suggestions which work. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi @Peteradburn, please open a support ticket with us here so we can look into your issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TC37
Level 2

I have a similar problem. Oculu.exe start and freeze all my PC after few seconds since 21h1.

I have contacted the support. Their answer is "downgrade the version of Windows and that of the graphics card".

This is not a durable solution as it prevents users from getting Windows updates. I don't know if they are going to make a patch.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi @Peteradburn, please open a support ticket with us here so we can look into your issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post