cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch controllers won't vibrate in Beat Saber on Steam with "-vrmode oculus"

soitastic
Level 2
Since the latest Oculus Update my Oculus Touch controllers won't vibrate in Beat Saber if I touch both together or hit blocks with both at the same time. If I only hit a block with a single controller they both vibrate, just not both at the same time.

I have the Steam version of Beat Saber and the problem only happens when I run it with "-vrmode oculus".
The controllers vibrate correctly when I run it through SteamVR (without -vrmode parameter).

Not sure if the problem is with Beat Sabers "-vrmode oculus" or the latest update of the Oculus Software.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I also read it might be cause by USB bandwith issues, I have a Ryzen 3700x with X570 Aorus Elite Mainboard. It has 4 USB3.2 Gen 1 and 2 USB3.2 Gen 2 ports, but it doesn't matter where I plug the sensors and headset in. I also don't experience any other tracking issues, just the controllers not vibrating as they should. And as I said, it works fine when I play it through SteamVR.
I'd like to run it with "-vrmode oculus" as SteamVR adds a bit of overhead, not that big of an issue but still.
1 REPLY 1

andyb66
Level 2
Same problem here since the latest oculus update. No controller vibration in Beat Saber with "-vrmode oculus" parameter!